We are looking to recruit a Membership Engagement Coordinator to join our friendly team. This is a new post which will contribute to the continued strategic development of Communications, Education and Engagement within FIGO; with greater synergy across the previously separate functions of Communication and Membership. The postholder will work within the Communications and Engagement team to deliver high quality, professional services to FIGO and its members, partners and stakeholders. The postholder will also create strong relationships with existing members, increase membership levels and satisfaction, and deepen engagement and dialogue with member organisations so that FIGO can effectively meet their needs.
This is a fixed term appointment (until February 2023) subject to annual performance review and with scope for possible further extension.
The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO’s) vision is that all women achieve the highest possible standards of physical, mental, reproductive and sexual health and wellbeing throughout their lives. The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) is the only organisation that brings together professional societies of obstetricians and gynaecologists on a global basis. For over 60 years FIGO has collaborated with the world's top health and donor bodies. FIGO currently has Member Societies in 131 countries/territories. FIGO's mission is to elevate the status of women’s health, reduce disparities in healthcare for women, and advance the science and practice of obstetrics and gynecology through education, global research, advocacy, and capacity-building.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
General and professional education
- Degree level (or an equivalent qualification)
Evidence of higher-level qualification or continuous development in membership services, communications or office administration could be an advantage.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in a customer- or membership-facing role requiring extensive interaction and high standards of professional communication with stakeholders.
Experience of using and developing a membership database system, ideally using customer relationship management software.
Experience of collecting, analysing and reporting data for the purposes of monitoring and evaluation.
Experience of organising and facilitating meetings, including those for high-profile stakeholders.
- Experience of working in diverse cultural environments.
- Experience of working both independently and as part of a team, exercising autonomy and personal authority as needed.
- Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft Office programs
Experience working within a charity, not-for-profit and/or membership organisation.
Experience of administration in respect of committees and/or academics.
- Experience of minute taking.
Good understanding of online communications, including email, web and social marketing.
- Experience of undertaking travel and accommodation arrangements for others.
Skills, abilities and attributes
- Self-motivated, flexible and a creative problem solver.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Collaborative approach with relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work within a small team.
- Compassionate personality to issues pertaining to women’s health, rights
and gender equality.
- Professional manner and approach to work.
- Personal values that align with FIGO’s mission and vision.
Proficiency in French or Spanish could also be an advantage (If so, please state
your proficiency clearly in your cover letter)
BENEFITS (following successful completion of probation period)
•Optional life assurance & income protection available
•Pension - Up to 10% employer contribution available
•Season ticket loan available
- Optional dental and health insurance benefits
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
•25 days annual leave (plus Bank and Statutory holidays plus discretionary days between Christmas Day and the first working day in January) & other days e.g. Moving Day.
•Flexible working hours
- Bicycle purchase scheme
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please review the additional documents and then send your CV and cover letter outlining your experience via the 'Apply with Charity Job' button. Please note that applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role. We would stress the importance of this paperwork in our selection process. A well thought through application addressing the advertised essential and desirable criteria for the post will be considered far more favourably than a generic covering letter and CV.
•Closing Date for applications :11.30pm on Sunday 17th January 2021
•N.B. Interviews will take place on Monday 25th January 2021 via Zoom.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO THOSE WHO HAVE THE RIGHT TO RESIDE AND WORK IN THE UK. WE WILL EXPECT RELEVANT PROOF OF SUCH IF ASKED FOR AN INTERVIEW. (PLEASE DO NOT SEND THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION).
FIGO is committed to equality and diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.