Programme Manager, Climate Governance and Finance
Central London (Please note that whilst this role is advertised as office based, IIED will remain a remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future)
The closing deadline for applications is midnight on the 25th April 2021.
This is a Permanent contract.
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action research organisation promoting sustainable development and linking local priorities to global challenges. We are based in London and work on five continents with some of the world’s most vulnerable people to strengthen their voice in the decision-making arenas that affect them. With more than 100 members of staff working with associates and partners around the world, IIED has been at the forefront of policymaking in sustainable development for over 40 years.
We are now looking for a Programme Manager to join the Global Climate Governance and Finance Team within the CCG Group on a permanent basis.
- Salary of £47,432 - £58,980 depending on experience
- Benefits package
As a Programme Manager, you will manage the operational delivery of the Climate Governance and Finance Team’s portfolio of work, focusing on project and financial management and team management, which includes overseeing HR decisions, strategic business development and partnership engagement.
You will provide management oversight and expertise to the team and projects, ensuring successful delivery of activities and smooth functioning of systems. You will co-ordinate business development processes and take the lead on proposal development for complex projects/tenders whilst always ensuring compliance with donor contractual requirements. This position will sit on the leadership team of the Climate Change Group.
To be considered as a Programme Manager, you will need:
- Relevant postgraduate degree, or a relevant first degree and equivalent experience- Understanding of the thematic issues, actors and institutions related to the work of the team or the focus of the project(s)
- Excellent knowledge of effective principles and approaches to programme and project cycle management
- Excellent knowledge of office software (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, databases and communications)
- Substantial professional experience in similar or related roles
- Experience working collaboratively with southern partners (governments, NGOs, private sector) to deliver complex projects
Other organisations may call this role Partnership Programme Manager, Programme Officer, Programme Lead, Senior Project Manager, or Team Manager.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Programme Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.