Senior Co-ordinator / Project Manager
London or Edinburgh (Please note, whilst this role is advertised as office based, IIED will remain a remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future).
The closing deadline for applications is midnight on 26 January 2022
Interviews are expected to be held on Thursday 17 February 2022
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action research organisation promoting sustainable development and linking local priorities to global challenges. We are based in London and Edinburgh and work on five continents with some of the world’s most vulnerable people to strengthen their voice in the decision-making arenas that affect them. With more than 100 members of staff working with associates and partners around the world, IIED has been at the forefront of policymaking in sustainable development for over 50 years.
IIED's Climate Change Group (CCG) works with those who have less voice and power in climate decision-making to co-create solutions that shape pathways and drive action for a just and sustainable future.
CCG's Climate Governance and Finance Team collaborates with public sector institutions (governments, bilateral and multilateral partners and development finance institutions), civil society actors and private sector entities in the developing world to design and test innovative solutions to climate change related risks.
We are now seeking a Senior Co-ordinator / Project Manager to join our Climate Governance and Finance Team on a permanent, full-time contract.
- Salary of £39,114 - £43,067 per annum depending on experience
- Benefits package
This is an incredible opportunity for a project manager or co-ordinator with financial management experience and a background in the university or charity sector to take on a vital role supporting a key Group within our organisation.
As a Senior Co-ordinator / Project Manager, you will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of a complex portfolio of international research and policy projects funded by various development donors.
Managing the financial, contractual and organisational aspects of the projects, you will assist with the production of communications outputs and provide general support to the Climate Governance and Finance Team’s programme of work.
You will also support business development, fundraising and events, networking and communications management.
This position will be particularly suitable for those keen to work closely with researchers and other technical personnel while exercising skills and experience in financial management and an aptitude for communications.
To be considered as a Senior Co-ordinator / Project Manager, you will need:
- The ability to work well in French, written and verbal, in addition to English
- Experience in managing and/or co-ordinating the delivery of complex projects or portfolios of projects
- Experience of managing complex budgets and/or financial monitoring and planning
- Experience of working within the voluntary and/or university sector, ideally in non-governmental organisations in an international context
- Experience in event administration and co-ordinating travel arrangements for international collaborators
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of project cycle management
- Familiarity with editorial and publishing processes
- An understanding of issues relating to climate change and/or sustainable development
- Excellent IT skills
- A relevant first degree or equivalent level of education
- The ability to travel overseas for work for up to ten days at a time
Other organisations may call this role Team Co-ordinator, Project Manager, Senior Programme Administrator, Project Finance Co-ordinator, Programme Co-ordinator, Project Co-ordinator, or Project Officer.
IIED is a committed Disability Confident and accredited Living Wage employer, committed to equal opportunities and the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
If you’re seeking your next opportunity as a Senior Co-ordinator / Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.