MLC are proud to be partnered with the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) in their search for a Finance Manager.
IISS are a global research institute who aim to shape the strategic agenda for governments, businesses, the media and other experts around the world. Formed in 1958, they are a worldwide renowned voice on defence and national security with a focus on three areas – facts, analysis and influence.
The Finance Manager is a critical management role, reporting into a new Head of Finance in an otherwise settled finance team. The role leads on all financial accounting activities for the organisation and will play a key role in forging a great team culture.
Main responsibilities of the role are:
- Carry out month-end and year-end reconciliations for all balance sheet and control accounts and oversee donor reporting.
- Lead and manage a team of two finance assistants, supporting their career development.
- Manage the relationship with the payroll provider and completing related reconciliations.
- Work with stakeholders to prepare the annual budgets for their own portfolios.
- Support the head of finance with the preparation of year end statutory accounts.
The role will suit both newly qualified candidates and experienced finance managers who are looking for a new challenge.
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant
- Have a proactive mindset, pushing for improvements and change
- Be a strong character who can win over opposition when necessary
- “Know what good looks like” in a transactions/financial reporting team and be able to implement this vision.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 24th July and first interviews will be held on Friday 29th July. For more information, please contact Jamie Elliott at MLC Partners.