We are a dynamic, highly professional organisation, ambitious to achieve our vision. We are the world’s largest anti-slavery organisation and the global leader in protecting the poor from violence. Our vision is to catalyse a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion and make justice unstoppable for those living in poverty.
Our global teams of lawyers, social workers and investigators partner with governments and local authorities in 12 countries to help identify and rescue victims of violence and exploitation, and ensure they receive the support and assistance they require, whilst also working with law enforcement and prosecutors to tackle impunity by making sure laws are enforced. We have spent more than 20 years on the front lines, fighting some of the worst forms of violence: slavery, police abuse of power, child sexual assault and intimate partner violence. To date we have supported local authorities to rescue over 50,000 people from slavery and violent oppression and seen local justice systems where we are working begin to proactively rescue and support survivors and hold traffickers to account.
Overview of this role
The Regional President for Africa and Europe, based in London, is responsible for all IJM operations across Africa and Europe and needs high quality executive support. Accordingly, we are seeking a mature, experienced and energetic professional who will take initiative and provide administrative and project support to enhance the Regional President’s productivity and effectiveness. The Regional President and Executive Assistant will meet daily to establish shared goals, determine priorities, manage tasks and generate clear and consistent communication. The Executive Assistant will serve as the first point of contact between the Africa & Europe region and other teams across the organisation. The role is part of the African and Europe regional team, reporting to the Regional President, Africa and Europe, and is co-located in London with the IJM UK team. The role will also give some assistance as and when required to the Regional Vice President, Strategy & Operations, also based in London.
There is a requirement for the job holder to have a personal commitment to the Christian faith (as defined by the Apostles’ Creed) as functions within this role will require knowledge and personal experience of the Christian faith.*
Key Results Areas
Success in this role will be measured by the following Key Result Areas:
- Manage the Regional President’s calendar, incoming calls, emails and time requests and maintain systems to track the Regional President tasks to ensure appropriate prioritisation and follow-up;
- Manage internal and external communication coming from the office of the Regional President; including management of external emails regarding the region from the global inbox;
- Ensure the Regional President is prepared for all meetings and events; including presentation and speech preparation and development for both Regional President and Regional Vice President as needed;
- Coordinate all travel logistics for the Regional President and Regional Vice President; assist Regional Operations in Trips to the Field planning as needed;
- Process monthly travel and expense reports and assist on time reporting for Regional President and Regional Vice President as needed;
- Track Regional team budget and assist the Regional President on budget monitoring and compliance and on tracking and authorising time and expense approvals;
- In collaboration with the HR Business Partner, manage all logistics for regional team member onboarding;
- Coordinate Regional team meeting rhythms and administration;
- Track meeting follow-up and take meeting notes for team meetings when necessary; and
- Ensure successful hosting of visitors to the Regional Office.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least three years of experience providing top-level administrative support in a fast-paced, professional environment
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office 2000
You are a Christian who is passionate about seeking justice for vulnerable people, in particular those who are subjected daily to violent oppression.
You are an excellent communicator, verbally and in writing, comfortable preparing reports and presentations. You have outstanding organisational, planning and time-management skills and are able to handle a wide and varied workload. Your experience in delivering similar busy and varied roles, whether or not in the charitable sector, stands you in good stead for this position. You are comfortable taking the initiative and being proactive in identifying and delivering support needs. You relish solving problems and designing new solutions. You have a very high level of accuracy and attention to detail and are able to consider different aspects and impacts of decisions made. You are focussed on meeting deadlines, whilst being able to manage expectations of colleagues. Your ability to engage and build excellent relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders will be key to your success. You will enjoy taking a flexible approach to your work and be comfortable operating in a busy and dynamic environment.
*This post is subject to an occupational requirement that the holder be a Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.