International Medical Corps UK provides emergency relief to those struck by disaster no matter where they are, no matter what the conditions, working with them to recover, rebuild and gain the skills and tools required for self-reliance.
International Medical Corps (IMC) and International Medical Corps UK (IMC UK) with headquarters in the United States and the United Kingdom respectively, work collaborate to maximize resources for the delivery of appropriate relief and development activities. International Medical Corps (IMC) is an US-registered independent affiliate organization of International Medical Corps UK (IMC UK), with which IMC UK shares the same name and charitable objectives and mission.
To assist the Finance team with the day-to-day financial activities of International Medical Corps UK in ensuring appropriate finance management, accounting, control and reporting. The UK finance team, work in close collaboration with the finance team of our affiliate International Medical Corps based in LA and Split.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation:
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Appropriate and timely processing of accounts payable function;
• Responding to payment requests using BACS and international transfers as appropriate
• Timely disbursement of staff expenses;
• Set-up payments in the bank account in relation to UK suppliers and employees;
• Prepare vouchers for Foreign exchange transfers;
• Tracing foreign exchange settlements and flag outstanding settlements;
• Ensure uploading documents on Onbase Scanning and filing of bank statements, bank reconciliation, monthly folders for transactions during the month, third party documents and correspondence.
• Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Please note that the duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive. This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the strategic direction requirements of International Medical Corps UK.
Code of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps UK's and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one's own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps UK's policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps UK is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Typically, Bachelor's Degree in finance, Accounting Accounting. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Working towards a recognized accountancy qualification
- AAT qualified, ACCA, CIMA entry level;
- Proficient in using data analysis tools in excel for reports etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word Package;
- Prior experience of using ERM or accounting packages;
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, and formulate messages in an engaging way.
- The ability to effectively analyse complex problems and suggest solution that would have positive impact on International Medical Corps needs
- Proficiency in English
- Additional language skills a plus
Misconduct Disclosure Scheme
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report. All offers of employment at International Medical Corps UK are subject to satisfactory references and background checks. International Medical Corps UK also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme . In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures. For more information about how we use the personal data in connection with scheme.