International Medical Corps UK provides emergency relief to those struck by disaster no matter where they are, no matter what the conditions, working with them to recover, rebuild and gain the skills and tools required for self reliance.
International Medical Corps (IMC) and International Medical Corps UK (IMC UK) with headquarters in the United States and the United Kingdom respectively, work collaborate to maximize resources for the delivery of appropriate relief and development activities. International Medical Corps (IMC) is an US-registered independent affiliate organization of International Medical Corps UK (IMC UK), with which IMC UK shares the same name and charitable objectives and mission.
To support the Communications team in planning, creation and delivery of digital communication content for engaging potential and existing International Medical Corps supporters, to ensure that communications activities contribute to International Medical Corps strategic objectives.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Proactively generate and execute online communication initiatives, and support the ongoing planning of online communication and marketing.
2. Help to lead the email marketing program and writing, creation and publishing of action-focused content, including videos and graphics for social media and website(s).
3. Work with external stakeholders to ensure the maintenance and development of the International Medical Corps UK and International Medical Corps Croatia websites, landing pages, donation pages and other digital tools such as payment processors; evaluate and help procure digital tools that enable the Communications team to reach their objectives.
4. Manage social media ads though platforms such as Facebook Ads and Google AdWords, and monitor key online supporter metrics that provide insight, to improve the online experience that International Medical Corps UK provides to supporters.
5. Contribute to the production of communication materials at HQ (e.g., the annual report and trustee report) and at the field level (e.g., visibility requirements), ensuring brand consistency throughout.
6. Extend and amplify the reach of communication materials by approaching, cultivating and formalising relationships with influencers and people/organisations with significant followings.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Please note that the duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive. This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the strategic direction requirements of International Medical Corps UK.
Code of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps UK's and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one's own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps UK's policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps UK is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Typically, a Bachelor's Degree in related field. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Significant experience in planning and developing materials for websites and social media.
- Experience contributing to organisational social media accounts.
- Ability to work with websites using content-management systems (ideally Drupal and Wordpress).
- Ability to provide or recommend solutions to problems; show flexibility to assume additional responsibilities.
- Ability to work and contribute positively in a team.
- Project management experience and skills, including the ability to set priorities, and to work to tight and competing deadlines.
- A can-do, entrepreneurial attitude, prepared to take on new responsibilities.
- Strong influencing, verbal and written communications skills.
- Significant experience in similar role
- Experience and skills in design software (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, etc.).
- Experience editing simple videos for use on social media, using Adobe Premiere or other editing packages.
- Experience with email marketing tools.
- Experience using Google AdWords or Facebook advertising, and boosting ads strategically to gain most exposure.
- Experience using digital technologies in innovative ways.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.