1-year fixed term employment contract
Position Reports To
To support the Finance Manager in ensuring that appropriate accounting, control and reporting processes are adhered to. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with some previous accounts experience, looking into broadening their experience in a complex organisation working in around 30 countries. The role provides opportunity to get hands on experience in different areas of accounting, control, systems, and reporting.
- Accounts payable. Accounts receivable and administration
- Review vendor invoices or payment requests for accuracy, appropriate authorization and supporting documentation;
- Track and ensure proper coding and authorization of all advances and payments.
- Ensure that all supplier invoices once entered by a team member are approved and posted on Deltek CP ledgers.
- Prepare the working papers for domestic bank payment authorization.
- Scan and upload paperwork related to the domestic payments and other transactions on ONBASE scanning portal on a monthly basis.
- Ensure monthly rental invoice for office sub-lease is prepared within a week of receiving quarterly invoice from the landlord, management company and council tax;
- Enter the public donations received via various platforms.
- Enter the grants income received from the documentation summarised by IMC colleagues.
- Support donor receivable management by flagging unpaid grants income
- Coordinate payments with Bank and other HQ offices;
- Support with corporate cash management;
- Initiate foreign exchange transfers;
- Trace settlements of currency transfers initiated;
- Revalue bank balances at the end of every month and post revaluation adjustments to ledgers;
- Bank reconciliation
- Download Bank of England, ECHO and EU currency exchange rates
- Staff expenses
- Ensure that employees use correct allocations to complete the TTS and record expenses in T&E module;
- Keep abreast of travel policy requirements as per Employee Handbook and company travel changes for the company;
- Train new staff on expense in T&E;
- Update balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Ensure the following balance sheet accounts are updated monthly prior to scheduled month-end close
- Fixed asset additions/disposal and depreciation journal;
- Prepayment & rent journal;
- Subscription, rent/rates and audit journals;
- Accrual journals;
- Summarise monthly reports in agreed format;
- Analyse grants receivable balances in a report;
- Download and archive reports from systems on a monthly basis;
- Prepare intercompany analysis;
- Completed or studying towards a recognized accountancy qualification such as ACCA,
CIMA or BSc in Accounting
- Experience in treasury, accounts payable, and payroll.
Skills & Competencies
- Proficient in using data analysis tools in excel for reports etc.
- Ability to interpret,
apply, train and guide others in finance related policies and processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels, and formulate messages in an engaging way.
- Proficient in English
This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the requirements of International Medical Corps UK.
The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report. Background check will be required for successful candidates.
International Medical Corps UK is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
How to apply
Candidates who can demonstrate that they meet individual specifications and can prove that they have
the right to work in the UK should send application to given email address.
Application should include CV and cover letter stating how you meet each requirement and why you
are interested in the role.
5PM UK time on 30 November 2020. We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application
as soon as possible.
In order to process job applications, International Medical Corps UK collects personal information
submitted by applicants. By applying for this role, you are consenting to that processing. All personal