International Medical Corps UK provides emergency relief to those struck by disaster no matter where they are, no matter what the conditions, working with them to recover, rebuild and gain the skills and tools required for self reliance.
International Medical Corps (IMC) and International Medical Corps UK (IMC UK) with headquarters in the United States and the United Kingdom respectively, work collaborate to maximize resources for the delivery of appropriate relief and development activities. International Medical Corps (IMC) is an US-registered independent affiliate organization of International Medical Corps UK (IMC UK), with which IMC UK shares the same name and charitable objectives and mission.
Ensure that assigned countries received effective day-to-day HQ support. Advocating for the needs of the assigned Countries needs within the organization and ensure that programme Officers effectively coordinate communications between all departments, including compliance, programming, logistics, legal, security, human resource and communication. Supervise, mentor and coach assigned Program Officers and Assistants. Develops and monitor staff performance targets with clear objectives and timelines
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises, mentor and coach assigned Program Officers and Assistants
- Develops and monitor staff performance targets with clear objectives and timelines
- Deployment to the field to support in program or mission startup, staff coverage, and close out.
- Supervise the coordination of country strategy development
- Ensures the field programs team fulfill contractual obligations and commitments to beneficiaries and stakeholders for assigned countries
- Ensures that donors and internal reporting is submitted on time and in fulfilment of contractual obligations for the countries covered
- Ensures that established processes and procedures are followed by the Program Officers and flags issues as necessary to the Senior Manager
- External representation as required with donors
- Guide assigned programme team toward best work standards and schedules; ensure effective implementation in the region; facilitate appropriate development and training for regional employees; ensure timely review of employee work quality and initiate transparent steps to correct inadequate performance; approve employees' work schedules and time reports;
- Assist in the selection and assignment of best qualified regional personnel; plan for transition and succession; handle employee relations matters in association with Human Resources standards and in accordance with International Medical Corps Human Resources policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Ensure that the staff is adhering to the policies and procedures set forth in official guidelines
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Please note that the duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive. This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the strategic direction requirements of International Medical Corps UK.
Code of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps UK's and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one's own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps UK's policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps UK is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Typically, a Bachelor's degree in related field + Project management certification + 7 years' relevant experience. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Typically, 7+ years of experience managing, building, leading and developing a team of staff and at least 2 or more years of field- based work experience in the sector
- Experience implementing as a Senior Program Officer or in managerial role
- Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of project budgets greater than $5 million
- Experience in implementing projects funded by US, UK, EU, Canadian, Australian, UN and other donor governments
- Experience of project and financial management in a multi-partner or multi-agency consortia
- Demonstrated experience of developing and managing relationships with donors
- Knowledge of Project cycle management
- Experience with Logical Framework project planning and design
- Proposal development skills
- Knowledge of major donors rules and regulations
- Experience in representing externally project information
- Financial and other data systems to produce budgets, analyze data and track trends
- Strong analytical skills to determine overall grant performance
- Ability to coach, mentor and effectively manage a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Results driven and ability to meet deadlines
- Staff management skills and diplomacy
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Extensive travel maybe required
- Fluent in written and spoken English