International Medical Corps provides emergency relief to those struck by disaster no matter where they are, no matter what the conditions, working with them to recover, rebuild and gain the skills and tools required for self reliance.
Day-to-day Headquarters liaison for assigned country programs advocating for the needs of the program within the organization and coordinate communications between all departments, including compliance, programming, logistics, legal, security, human resource and communication.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Day-to-day headquarters liaison for assigned country programs advocating for the needs of the program within the organization and coordinate communications between all departments, including compliance, programming, logistics, legal, security, human resource and communication
- Day to day coordination of proposals, donor reporting process for assigned countries. Monitoring grant performance and overall assigned country portfolio and flag any issue to the Program Manager
- Support dissemination of country specific information with relevant departments. Support with any country specific reporting requirements from other departments and vice versa.
- Monitor grant performance and overall assigned country portfolio and flag any issue to the Program Manager
- Regular deployment to the field to assist in startup, staff coverage, and close out
- Ensures that donors and internal reporting is submitted on time and in fulfilment of contractual obligations for the countries covered
- External representation as required with donors nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the
- BA in related subject+
- Project management certification
- Relevant experience
- Master Degree
- + Project management qualification
- Significant relevant experience
- Some field- based work experience in the sector
- Significant HQ experience supporting relief and development projects in the field
- Experience in proposals development and donor reporting with IMC major donors including BHA, FCDO and ECHO.
- Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, and the ability to deal with a broad spectrum of people
- Knowledge of Project cycle management
- Knowledge of Logical Framework project planning and design
- Proposal development and donor report skills
- Knowledge of major donors rules and regulations
- Report writing
- Good research skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret and apply donor regulations and requirements
- Strong analytical skills to determine overall grant performance
- Ability to use creativity, reasoning, past experience, information and available resources to resolve issues
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and field programs
- Excellent writing skills, excellent cross-cultural communication
- Extensive travel maybe required
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in French, Spanish, Arabic (or other relevant language to the portfolio) a plus
How to apply
Candidates who can demonstrate that they meet individual specifications and can prove that they have
the right to work in the UK should send application by email.
Application should include CV and cover letter stating how you meet each requirement and why you
are interested in the role.
5PM UK time on 20th May. We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
In order to process job applications, International Medical Corps UK collects personal information
submitted by applicants. By applying for this role, you are consenting to that processing. All personal