The External Relations (ER) department was formed in 2020 and is comprised of 3 complementary functional areas: Private Fundraising, Communications and Advocacy. The department is in the beginning stages of crafting a new, results-oriented strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in private income, advocacy, and brand awareness.
Supporting this endeavor, and an integral part of ER, is the Global Partnerships and Philanthropic Services (GPPS) Unit. Reporting into the VP Global Partnerships and Philanthropy, GPPS consists of functional specialists across a variety of high-value fundraising support functions providing all elements of cultivation, support and stewardship to high value donors, partners, and supporters, comprising three pillars: Research, Partner Engagement & Corporate Affairs (PECA), and Program Services.
This exciting opportunity is on the PECA team! PECA engages our HV donors, partners, and supporters across the three income streams (Corporate, Foundations and Trusts, and HNWIs) through a number of support services including operational partnerships, gift in kind policy and practice; global workplace giving; partner engagement and visibility.
The IRC’s private fundraising capability in the UK has grown significantly over the past three years. Ambitious growth plans are in place to deliver increasing income from the private sector as part of an exciting global External Relations strategy.
As part of the ER unit, the IRC’s International Philanthropy & Partnerships (IPP) department raises funds from global private foundations, corporate foundations, from business areas including corporate social responsibility, marketing, sponsorship, employee giving and match giving, as well as non US based high net worth individuals. The IPP department maintains a growing portfolio of strategic partnerships in the US and other markets, primarily in the Middle East, Europe, Asia, Latin America, & Africa, and matches funder interests with IRC’s extensive programs globally.
As High Value Assistant you will support on the delivery of the IRC-UK’s high value fundraising strategy by providing support to relationship managers and team leads across high value teams.
Scope and Authority
This position is responsible for supporting the delivery of the IRC-UK strategy and the global External Relations strategy by supporting on internal fundraising processes and initiatives.
Responsibility for Resources:
Key Working Relationships
- Manager, Donor Engagement on PECA
- Head of Philanthropy, Associate Director, Corporate Partnerships and Head of Trusts & Foundations
- Fundraising Managers and Executives across the High Value Teams
- Occasionally working with country programme staff and global fundraising colleagues
To support the High Value Team (80%)
· Provide administrative support to members of the UK High Value Team
· Work with Donor Engagement team to devise and implement a UK HV donor communication strategy
· Draft external-facing communication for the IRC’s partners, including writing email updates and other correspondence
· Liaise with the Editorial team of writers to produce external-facing written communication by drafting proposals and reports
- Assist in writing donor communications, such as small trusts emergency appeals, alongside the Manager, Donor Engagement
- Support the team in implementing the strategy for The Fifty-One, a donor giving society, alongside the Philanthropy Manager-UK
- Request spreadsheets and other financial reports from the Data Analytics team as required
- Support and encourage the use of Salesforce database so that all donor correspondence and donations are recorded and information stored is GDPR compliant
- Work with Donor Engagement team to organise cultivation and stewardship events
- Work with Prospect Research team to support with ad hoc prospect and donor research requests, adding capacity to the team’s research function as required
- Collate meeting packs and materials for board meetings, donor meetings and, visits from the IRC President/CEO
- In coordination with Program Services, support on the organisation of overseas donor visits
To support the fundraising processes of the IRC-UK Fundraising Team (20%)
- Collaborate closely with UK Team leads on the monthly, quarterly and yearly income reporting process and provide administrative support in collating the relevant fundraising data
- Lead on the Trusts and Foundations small trusts appeal under the supervision of the Trusts and Foundations Executive, including working with the Donor Engagement team to draft content, request prospects from the Prospect Research team, manage Salesforce campaigns, disseminate appeals, and request appeal impact reports from High Value Analytics
- Work in collaboration with the department manger, GPPS to manage the High Value team’s new starter induction process
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Excellent written communication skills, in order to write supporter thank you letters, reports, proposals and other correspondence
- Ability to prioritise and organise a varied workload and meet conflicting deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, providing support as required, and build and maintain excellent relationships across the organisation
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to deal with queries and speak with donors and other stakeholders in a confident manner
- Commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to present income data and draft reports
- Good Microsoft Office skills including Excel
- Experience of databases and an appreciation of their value
- Experience of supporting a team and providing administrative support to a senior leader
- Experience of delivering projects on time
- Experience of delivering events
- Experience using client relationship management software, preferably Salesforce, with excellent attention to detail in entering and recording financial and relationship data
- Experience delivering events for external stakeholders is a plus
- Experience in an externally facing customer relationship role
- Experience of working in fundraising, particularly a major donor or corporate fundraising team
- Interest in humanitarian sector
IRC UK strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC UK is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
IRC UK welcomes applications from all candidates, including underrepresented groups and refugees who have the right to work in the UK.
IRC UK will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application and/or interview process, and for essential job functions if appointed to a role. Please contact us if you may need such adjustments.