The IRC Resettlement, Asylum and Integration (RAI) department creates opportunities for refugees and other vulnerable migrants to survive and thrive in the United States and in Europe.
With a network of 25 offices in 15 U.S. states, RAI serves more than 35,000 individuals each year, among them some 10,000 newly arrived refugees, through a diverse portfolio of programs. In Europe, IRC operates across four countries and provides technical assistance to more than 10 others to ensure that the most vulnerable asylum-seekers and migrants have the necessary support to feel safe and well, get the services they need day to day, and become financially independent from the time they arrive, throughout their journeys, and in their new homes
The Purpose of the Role
As Programme Development Advisor (PDA) you lead and/or support new business development efforts for Resettlement, Asylum and Integration (RAI) programming in Europe and the United States.
This includes opportunity tracking and capture planning to proposal development and submission. The PDA will serve in the Capture Manager and Proposal Manager or Proposal Coordinator roles on new business opportunities. The PDA will lead and/or support special internal initiatives aligned with IRC’s business development strategy. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of working on new business efforts from the European Commission and other governmental/statutory donors in Europe; US Government experience a plus.
Key Working Relationships
- Reports to Senior Programme Development Adviser with dotted line reporting to Director of Business Development Unit
- Works closely with RAI office senior management, technical, and grants staff with regards to business development;
- Provides expertise and guidance to RAI offices on business development through regular emails and call and periodic travel to office sites;
- Has regular contact with HQ technical, finance, HR, and other staff involved in business development.
- Lead and assist in the identification, tracking and updating of new business opportunities across a variety of technical sectors, regions, and clients.
- Lead capture planning including facilitating technical brainstorming, competitive landscape analysis and win theme sessions with technical and field staff.
- Coordinate proposal work to include preparing timelines, ensuring the proposal team adheres to deadlines, supporting recruitment, assisting in budget development, ensuring document completion, organizing meetings and compiling notes, and drafting and proofreading proposal sections.
- Work with technical units, RAI offices, and other staff to support conceptualization and design of proposals for new project activities and/or amendments to current projects.
- Manage coordination, communication and inputs from subs or to our primes.
- Identifying partners, consultants, and other proposal development support as needed.
- Write proposal pieces including technical narrative, management plans, past performance, etc.
- Compile inputs from proposal team members, including consultants and partners.
- Ensure responsiveness to and compliance with solicitation documents.
- Provide Quality Assurance/Quality Compliance support on proposals.
- Maintain accurate information in database and assist with conducting analysis of proposal development; and maintain accurate and timely electronic files.
- Work collaboratively on organizational and system improvements; anticipate, identify and proactively solve problems.
- Facilitate internal post-submission debrief sessions to glean lessons learned.