The Purpose of the Role
The Senior Budget Advisor supports all aspects of cost proposal activities including coordinating with the proposal manager and proposal teams which include technical, finance, and country office staff to prepare budgets and cost proposal narratives, develop commercial documentation, and coordinate with partners including budget negotiations, and other budget/cost tasks as required. The ideal candidate has experience working in international development with USAID, DFID, and other multilateral/bilateral donors.
- Responsible for all aspects of the cost and business proposal.
- Coordinate inputs into cost volumes for submission and best value. Collect and verify cost estimates, and work with technical teams to ensure cost proposals and technical proposals are aligned.
- Coordinate with the proposal team on strategic issues involving proposal budgets. Ensure that the proposal team is educated on donor requirements for the cost proposals.
- Ensure proposals comply with IRC’ organizational policies.
- Review, edit and finalize explanatory budget narrative to accompany budget in cost proposal.
- Create and/or modify budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with donor requirements.
- Conduct internal budget reviews during proposal period; analyze cost recovery.
- Lead engagement with partners on their budgets. Negotiate budgets with primes.
- Advises on IRC’s standard budget templates.
- Ensure compliance with RFP/RFA/tender requirements.