The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through 28 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees resettle in the US and become self-sufficient. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
The Purpose of the Role
The Senior Program (Business) Development Advisor will lead IRC’s new business development efforts by engaging with global, regional, country, and technical staff through the proposal development cycle from opportunity tracking and capture planning to proposal development, and submission. The SPDA will primarily serve as proposal manager, s/he will also train and mentor staff throughout the department on topics relevant to business development. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of leading new business efforts in international development with USAID, DFID, ECHO, and other multilateral and bilateral donors.
- Manage the process of development of concept papers, project proposals and responses to key RFA/Ps. This includes writing and coordinating proposal elements (e.g. past performance, management plan, etc.), ensuring appropriate technical review and quality assurance.
- Lead proposal development in response to requests for proposals, including those for field based projects and large global opportunities. This will involve management of proposal teams, calendars, and deadlines; strategy development with technical staff; partner identification and negotiations; recruiting; writing; production; and after-action reviews.
- Lead on advising other IRC departments when required on USG contract terms and implication for structuring proposal budgets, targets, and deliverables.
- Build the capacity of other IRC staff—including IRC country and regional teams—to identify opportunities and develop strong program designs and proposals.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of USG and other donor funding priorities, geographical interests relevant to IRC’s area of work.
- Build and strengthen relationships with internal stakeholders (HQ-based regional and technical units, as well as IRC country offices).
- Provide IRC’s country, regional, and technical teams with guidance on USG, DFID, EU, and other donor policies and prepare standard language for proposals to ensure alignment with donor policies.
- Contribute to business development systems, tools, and process improvement initiatives.
- Supports performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
- Participates in developing proposal training for the organization.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.