The International Water Association (IWA) is a global network of water professionals bringing people and institutions together from across the water cycle all working to address the world’s most urgent water challenges when and where they arise, from ridge to reef and from catchment to tap as well as to deliver equitable and sustainable water solutions for our world. The IWA aims to connect people with a diversity of backgrounds to generate innovative solutions and new opportunities to tackle urban and basin-related water challenges.
The Association publishes 12 scientific journals and 40+ books per year on water management. In addition, IWA develops leading-edge innovations and synthesises these through the work of its IWA Specialist Groups, Clusters and a set of global programmes focused on for example Cities of the Future and Basins of the Future. The secretariat has a worldwide staff of approximately 50, with headquarters in London and offices in Nanjing, China and Chennai, India.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the general supervision of the Membership Manager and the Global Operations Director, the Senior Corporate Membership Officer is responsible for managing and developing relationships with all association partners as well as creating strong and long-lasting contact with a combination of new and existing partners. You will be focused on closing deals to bring in new partners, sponsorship for key association events and identifying other sources of revenue. You will also be involved in identifying opportunities for membership growth through both the development of relationships with appropriate businesses, organizations and groups also through the identification and conversion of opportunities that increase the profile of the association.
This is an exciting Senior Corporate Membership Officer role for which we are seeking a confident and articulate account manager with strong teamwork strong customer service relationship skills. An individual with proven experience in building and maintaining relationship with business-to-business clients, enthusiastic, proactive, personable, self-motivated with strong database/IT skills, excellent attention to detail with exceptional engagement skills and comfortable in presenting to a wide range of members across different sectors.
- Be the dedicated account manager responsible for IWA’s portfolio of 500+ corporate members and 50+ Governing Members
- Responsible for the association’s strategic and commercial partnership, corporate member programmes including maintaining and developing relationships with current partner organisations, identifying, and recruiting new partners and finding new sources of revenue from existing accounts.
- Respond to prospective and existing corporate membership enquiries professionally with a high level of customer service in line with departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage and process membership registration request received from companies and universities from initial stages through to completion.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of key partners and members to ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
- Support the development and implementation of the association’s strategy for membership growth by increasing the profile and influence of the association’s; raising brand awareness and identifying opportunities that can provide access to new target communities of corporate members.
- Managing the contractual cycle to ensure contracts are up to date and renewed in a timely manner.
- Engaging with the Communications & Marketing, Membership Engagement and Events teams to explore opportunities to involve existing commercial partners in upcoming projects and identify opportunities for new revenue generation and Secure sponsorship for key events as well as support execution of campaigns and events which provide maximum ROI for partners.
- Promote the association through the development of a network of influential contacts within economic, political and social environments.
- Represent the association at events to broaden the association’s reach and create new commercial relationships. Secure speaker/presentation opportunities for the association within appropriate existing/established events that can provide access to new target communities of industry members.
- Use our new CRM system to facilitate engagement and tracking of existing corporate and governing members, as well as effective tracking of potential corporate engagement leads.
- Attendance at events/conferences to promote membership and strengthen the relationship to existing members, consistent with the Engagement Strategy developed.
The above job description contains the main duties and responsibilities for this position.
- 4 – 6 years B2B commercial sales/business development experience
- Experience of securing sponsorship and generating revenue
- Good understanding of market research techniques
- Practiced communication and negotiation skills
- Well developed ‘Solutions’ B2B sales skills
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- Strong Account Management skills
- Refined Relationship Management Skills
- Business acumen and strong commercial awareness.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of clients at all levels.
- Degree Level Education
- Account Management Training
- Experience of ‘not-for-profit’ sector
- Experience of membership organisations
Hybrid working pattern in place - (Monday & Friday WFH ) Tuesday -Thursday in the office.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.