An exciting opportunity has opened up for the role of Digital Communications and Marketing Officer at INTRAC.
The Digital Communications and Marketing Officer is a key post that focuses on promoting INTRAC’s visibility among its target audiences; developing and maintaining our website and digital channels; and continuously improving our branding and image. Working with the senior management team, you will implement our communications and marketing strategies.
INTRAC has committed itself to enhancing its visibility and impact through new and up-to-date content on our website and social media. This requires a self-driven, dynamic and creative individual wanting to use their skills to strengthen civil society around the world. You will be experienced in communications, be an excellent writer, and be skilled in engaging different audiences with timely content. You will be able to manage the dual nature of this role: strengthening our impact through raising our profile and visibility through digital channels as a leading voice on civil society practice and policy; and marketing INTRAC to key clients and funders.
INTRAC is an independent not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to strengthening the effectiveness of civil society across the world to challenge poverty and inequality, empowering people to gain greater control over their own futures.
In the regions and countries where we work, we seek to strengthen access to sustainable, high quality, transformative capacity development support for civil society, and to influence policy makers, government regulators and funders to improve civil society-related policy, strategy and practice. Our work is funded through a combination of consultancy contracts, training fees, programme and research grant funding.
Through our consultancies and research work we monitor and analyse trends and policies affecting civil society and contribute to joint learning and the development of good practice in the sector. Our partners and clients include all types of civil society organisations (CSOs), from grassroots and activist organisations to large international level NGOs, as well as bilateral and multilateral donors, foundations, policy makers and regulators who support and set the parameters for civil society.
Our work is delivered by a small group of staff and a global pool of INTRAC associates and independent consultants, with in-depth thematic, regional and methodological expertise.
- Developing, reviewing and implementing INTRAC’s digital marketing and communications strategy
- Maintaining and developing INTRAC’s website and digital channels
- Developing and improving INTRAC’s brand and image in order to attract funders and clients
- Building engagement through the production and dissemination of INTRAC’s regular publications and communications, including newsletters, annual trustee’s report, blogs and Praxis papers
- Supporting INTRAC training, consultancies and research staff with marketing and promoting their services and work
- Giving prominence through our website to INTRAC’s global network of partners and practitioners
You will work as the digital communications lead at INTRAC. You will work closely with colleagues from across the organisation with a communications or marketing remit to ensure a regular flow of timely, interesting material. This will include convening a regular internal communications working group to coordinate content.
Specific tasks to include:
1. Digital marketing and communications
- Develop and implement a digital marketing and communications strategy and annual operational plan and budget
- Provide specialist advice to colleagues on creatively marketing INTRAC’s programmes, training and services to clients, funders and training participants
- Develop and deliver content for INTRAC’s social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and other avenues)
- Review, update and manage website content
- Support INTRAC to strategically use and develop communications to influence a wide global audience
- Support INTRAC to strategically target and attract funders
2. Website and social media management
- Manage website and social media functionality in consultation with relevant staff, including generating content
- Liaise with website provider regarding technical maintenance of the site
- Monitor the traffic and usage of site for periodic reporting
- Support search engine optimisation and other internet marketing options for INTRAC’s web presence
3. Marketing materials and publications:
- Ensure production/editing/writing/design of attractive and accessible leaflets, brochures, annual reports, etc., internally and in conjunction with external designers
- Edit/compile/circulate INTRAC’s quarterly newsletter, as well as regular practitioner-oriented blogs and papers
- Ensure that INTRAC general style guide and branding is updated and followed by all staff, and external trainers, consultants, and researchers undertaking INTRAC work
- Ensure communications materials are copy-edited and proofed to a high standard
4. Internal communications / knowledge and contacts management
- Develop and manage INTRAC’s contacts management, sourcing and managing integration of data from multiple teams and data sources within the organisation
- Maintain an overview of internal information needs and assist in the maintenance of internal organisational knowledge management systems
5. Other duties
- Execute other reasonable tasks requested by your line manager or Chief Executive
Qualifications, competencies and experience – essential (E) and desirable (D)
- Experience of working in a similar role on marketing and digital communications (minimum of three years’ experience), preferably in the international not-for-profit sector (E)
- Experience in designing and managing website and social media content (E)
- Experience in developing a digital profile, including SEO/SEM optimisation; and with using and analysing data from web tracking tools, such as Google Analytics (E)
- Experience of writing and editing copy for the web, in blogs, media releases, and social media (E)
- Experience with software packages, including WordPress, Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office (E)
- Experience using email marketing software, e.g. Constant Contact, MailChimp (D)
- Experience in fundraising (D)
- Understanding of GDPR compliance processes (D)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a related subject such as communications, marketing, journalism or media studies (E)
- Communications or marketing qualification (D)
Skills and attitudes
- Dynamic personality with an eye for opportunity to enhance our visibility and impact with external audiences
- Strong communications skills with sensitivity to cultural differences, personalities, and gender
- Excellent oral and written English (additional world languages are an asset)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines in complex work processes involving multiple parallel demands
- Commitment to INTRAC’s core values and purpose
Terms and conditions
This position is full-time and the person will be located in INTRAC’s office in Oxford, UK.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience. INTRAC offers a competitive benefits package, including the opportunity to join INTRAC’s pension scheme.
These are as stated in INTRAC’s standard terms and conditions (downloadable from our website).
- The minimum general working hours are 37.5 hours a week
- This post is subject to a six months’ probation period.
INTRAC strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds who have the right to live and work in the UK. Applications from professionals in the global south are actively encouraged but you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.