Assist the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in the daily management of Involve Community Services. Deputise and lead on area of development and support (business networking & coaching) for the local voluntary and community sector as well as communities across Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deputise for the CEO as required.
- Support the CEO in identifying new development opportunities for the charity and wider sector.
- Nurture new programmes of work in consultation with the CEO.
- Support the management and supervision of all core services and the wider administration of the charity.
- Attend strategic meetings acting on behalf of Involve Community Services and the wider Voluntary & Community Sector.
- Share and lead any pieces of work or opportunities that arise from the attendance of boards/ forums.
- Contribute to business planning, communications and sharing of information both internally and externally, for the benefit of the charity and wider Voluntary and Community Sector.
- Positively support the reputation and brand of Involve Community Services.
- Maintain a position of empowering and enabling the voluntary & Community Sector.
- Offer basic level advice and guidance to start-up charities and community groups when requests fall outside of internal service offers and resources.
- Signpost organisations/ individuals to suitable resources, tools and guides to aid their development.
- As required, complete organisational reviews/ meetings to build and propose bespoke paid for development/ consultancy work as appropriate.
- Build and maintain contacts with quality/qualified sub-contractors with skills to undertake one off/ targeted pieces of work with charities/ groups.
- Lead on the organisation, promotion and delivery of the Growth Clubs.
- Support the promotion and delivery of the Future Leaders course in partnership with the Training Manager.
- Organise and deliver Community Awareness events across 2 boroughs.
- Lead an internal weekly catch up/ info sharing meeting with the Development Team members – allocating work and sharing intelligence.
- Support policy development in consultation with the CEO.
- Lead on the promotion and development of the Advantage Package.
- Network and build relations with local partners including the Voluntary and Community Sector, statutory providers, businesses and other interested parties.
- Identify and support community initiatives/ community resilience exercises, not deviating from Involves core focus and maintaining strong exit strategies from any projects.
- Instigate forums/ networks as required to support communities/actions/ initiatives/ themes with partners and organisations.
- Contribute to the development of the service by advising Management of areas of particular need, new opportunities and local development.
- Attend meetings and carry out other duties as requested.
- Undertake other duties that support the operations of Involve Community Services and the wider Voluntary and Community Sector.
Essential experience, qualifications, skills and attributes
You will have:
1. Proven experience leading and managing a team.
2. Commitment to positive community action and making a difference to the lives of local people and neighbourhoods.
3. Knowledge of the local Voluntary and Community Sector and local key strategic partners.
4. Substantial paid or unpaid experience of working with businesses, people/communities and/or community groups.
5. Experience of overseeing budgets.
6. Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels.
7. Proficient written and spoken communication skills.
8. The ability to act diplomatically, impartially and fairness.
9. Problem-solving and negotiation skills.
10. Organisational and planning skills so to manage your time effectively and meet deadlines and priorities of the organisation.
11. Good time-keeping skills to enable you to effectively manage/ deliver training schedules and programmes.
12. Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
13. Commitment to equal opportunities and an understanding of the needs of disadvantaged individuals and communities.
14. Experience of working in partnership with other organisations.
15. A ‘can do’ attitude with an ability to prioritise workload.
16. Ability to travel within Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough: access to a car is essential.
17. Strong written and verbal communications skills and good attention to detail.
18. Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office.
You will be able to:
- Respond flexibly to a constantly changing environment.
- Deal tactfully but assertively with a wide range of people.
- Actively listen and motivate and encourage people.
- Show creativity, common sense and initiative.
- Work well under pressure whist managing and prioritising workload.
- Work as part of the team to meet the organisations aims and objectives.
- Prepare and present information in an accessible form, both electronically and in writing.
- Be willing and able to work flexible hours with occasional evening and weekend meetings.
involve is a small, focussed organisation working in an ever-changing environment which means that staff and management are required to respond to both internal and external opportunities and challenges often a short notice. As a result, the pace of work can be varied. Time flexibility and a 'can-do' attitude are essential as is the ability to find ways and means to undertake work when solutions may not always be initially obvious.
All candidates should supply a covering letter with their CV explaining how their skills match the Job description and why they would like to work for Involve Community Services.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.