involve Community Services is looking for someone with a health, support work or social care background as well as having experience of Management to take on a new role in the charity managing the Social Prescribing and Community Navigation projects. Interested applicants should submit an up to date CV and Covering letter outlining an understanding of the role, how they meet the person specification and why they want this job.
involve Community Services primary role is to support charities, groups and communities across Bracknell Forest and Wokingham boroughs. Alongside the core offer involve delivers projects solely across the Wokingham Borough that support local patients/ residents with their health & wellbeing. These services are: Community Navigation - a signposting service helping connect people to help and support from charities, groups and their communities and Social Prescribing - an empowering/ goal setting service helping people make positive changes in their lives. Involve is looking for a Manager to take on the leadership of these projects and the staff that deliver these excellent services.
This is a new role and will be 27 hours per week on a 12-month contract initially but with scope for an extension in contract length and contract hours depending on the continuation or growth of the different contracts/ projects. The role will be home working, based in different surgeries and in involves offices subject to what is happening with the current covid-19 situation and as required.
Full role description:
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Understand each of the ‘wellbeing’ services delivered by involve Community Services with great depth and knowledge
- Be responsible for the performance and delivery of the contracts/ grant agreements
- Undertake regular case reviews/ audits in both services to ensure good quality of content, data and reporting. This will include reviewing the support plans and person-centred plans and databases where client information/ case notes are stored
- Support the promotion, awareness raising and referral generation for both services
- To develop effective working relationships with external agencies, relevant stakeholders and partners connected to both schemes
- Ensure a presence and regular catch ups with key local partners/ stakeholders, particularly in the GP surgeries in the North Wokingham PCN (Primary Care Network)
- Facilitate a Social Prescribing Network across the Wokingham Borough – ensuring regular comms, meet ups and info sharing
- Seize opportunities to attend relevant external team meetings representing both services appropriately
- To liaise with other organisations to ensure that involve’s services are cohesive, and all aspects of the patient journey are effective and contribute to outstanding outcomes.
- To advise the General Manager about any gaps in provision or services locally and nationally
- To contribute to involve’s safeguarding processes and ensure the welfare of service users is paramount and everything operates within the parameters of data protection and safeguarding legislation.
- Promote best practice
- Undertake and complete the monitoring and reporting specifically for the social prescribing service and deliver this reporting to the funders
- Gather and source good quality case studies and anecdotal feedback to support the monitoring and reporting as well for wider positive promotion of the schemes
- Attend meetings connected to and supporting the 2 schemes and professionally contribute to these conversations
- Maintain effective communications amongst the team, wider partners/ stakeholders and the involve team
- Support and develop new, appropriate opportunities for business growth and development undertaking any necessary conversations/ negotiations in partnership with the General Manager
- Proactively liaise and engage with the other/ existing social prescribers across the borough potentially hosting a regular catch up meeting
- Support and lead on elements of the Friendship Alliance project – specifically completing the monitoring and reporting for the Alliance quarterly
- Take on the line management of the staff delivering both Community Navigation and Social Prescribing (currently 4 staff)
- Deliver regular supervision and support to the staff teams including advice and direction re: case management
- Recommend, advise, and support staff to development personally and professionally through identifying and enabling training needs
- Support the General Manager when the need to recruit, interview and deploy staff/ volunteers arises
- Manage performance of staff undertaking appraisals, goal setting and performance reviews to ensure staff have clear expectations of their roles and responsibilities and underperformance is promptly and appropriately addressed
- Conduct regular meetings with staff in both a 1-1 and group basis, to ensure employees are engaged and motivated and business goals, priorities and changes to policies and procedures are communicated.
- Be familiar with the involve’s Policies and Procedures to ensure correct application at all times
- Cover for staff in their absence as required
- Positive promotion of involve Community Services seizing opportunities for growth and development of the charity as a whole
- Review of pathways, systems and processes, ensuring maximum efficiency
- To undertake any other tasks or duties that may reasonably be required in relation to this role
- To undertake any other duties as directed by involve Community Services
- To work with other involve staff to ensure appropriate customer care is provided at all times.
- A good, strong leader and team player.
- Confident + a positive attitude.
- Appropriately Assertive – able to get results whilst motivating performance.
- Professional etiquette.
- Good timekeeping and attendance for both the ‘office’ and external meetings.
- Reliable – able to take on and own the task at hand.
- General interest in Business Development.
- Willing to take control of situations.
- Good deadline management.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Disciplined and structured approach.
- Commitment to maintaining and improving quality.
- Professional approach in every aspect of work.
- A good communicator.
- Ability to work independently as well as in an effective team.
- Committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and confidentiality
Essential and desirable experience, qualifications and knowledge
- A background/ experience in management of staff and projects
- An understanding and background in health and social care
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and vulnerabilities
- Experience of working with patients/ people in a supporting role
- An ability to build strong relationships with external stakeholders, staff and team members
- A familiarity of the Wokingham Borough and surrounding areas will be useful
- Good level of education including proficiency in written and spoken English
- Confident people person with the ability to listen, working with a diverse group of people
- Proficient with IT specifically office 365
- Knowledge of the voluntary and community sector would be useful
- Access to a car is essential as some travel will be required.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.