Project and Operations Manager
- Home-based in UK (travel to Cambridge may be required from time to time).
- £27,000 full time equivalent (pro rata for 20 hours to £14,400).
- Working hours are flexible but up to 20% of the time may be outside of normal working hours to facilitate evening meetings.
- Part-time (20 hours a week), one-year contract initially. However, the role may be expanded to fulltime and may be extended beyond one year.
- Deadline for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 8th July.
The International Prader-Willi Syndrome Organisation (IPWSO) is looking for a talented and motivated Project and Operations Manager to coordinate the development and facilitation of a series of Project ECHO® telementoring initiatives that will connect learners with an interest in PWS from around the world using Zoom technology.
Who we are
IPWSO was founded in 1991 by a group of parents and professionals to promote better information, support and international co-operation to bring about improvements in the lives of people with a rare genetically determined disorder called Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS). Since then we have grown to become an international membership body with 38 full (fee paying) country members and 73 associate country members.
We are currently going through an exciting period in our development. We became registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales in 2019 and have recently appointed our first Chief Executive Officer. We currently have several major projects in the pipeline and are looking forward to our next international conference in 2022.
We are looking to expand our small team
We are seeking a Project and Operations Manager who will design, coordinate and facilitate a series of Project ECHO® telementoring programme and will provide financial and organisational support to IPWSO.
This role has two key areas of responsibility:
- To oversee the development and coordination of one or more IPWSO Project ECHO® telementoring initiatives. This will involve preparing materials for online training sessions, identifying and inviting appropriate speakers, recruiting participants, designing and implementing a monitoring and evaluation system, facilitating and evaluating each ECHO®.
- To provide financial and organisational support to IPWSO including updating IPWSO’s monthly budget and working closely with IPWSO’s Virtual Finance Office partners.
Please see the application pack for the full Job Description and Person Specification.
- To apply for this role please send a CV along with a covering letter or video application outlining how you meet the Person Specification (2 sides of A4 max, or video up to 5mins long). In addition, please send contact details for two referees and advise us whether you are happy for us to contact them at this stage.
- Please also confirm that you have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Although subject to change, it is expected that interviews will be held by Zoom during the week commencing Monday 20th July.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.