Do you want to play a key role in the only organisation which supports disadvantaged young people of Irish heritage in the UK? Despite the current scenario we all find ourselves in, we are still hiring. With event-based fundraising on hold for the foreseeable future, the Irish Youth Foundation (UK) is seeking a dynamic, self-starting individual who will relish the opportunity to lead our fundraising efforts as it celebrates its 30th anniversary and plans for the next 30?
More information on the organisations we support can be found on our website.
As Head of Fundraising and Development you will identify, develop and nurture relationships with new and prospective supporters for the IYF whilst maintaining the valued support of existing philanthropic and corporate donors.
You will have the support and expertise of IYF’s newly appointed Patrons, Board of Trustees and development advisors.
The office is London based, but this position affords considerable flexibility in hours and location of work.
The Irish Youth Foundation (UK) was established in 1989 and is the only national charity in the UK specifically aimed at helping disadvantaged young people of Irish heritage and their families.
IYF has awarded more than £5 million to help improve the lives and opportunities of young Irish people in Britain and Northern Ireland. Grants are awarded annually to a wide range of organisations and community groups, along with Irish students at UK colleges and universities. The IYF (UK) supports charities tackling poverty, mental health issues, education and a variety of other needs. Recipients include Artillery Youth Centre in Belfast, Irish Community Care in Liverpool and Irish Film London.
At the IYF (UK) we are proud of our reputation as a lean and nimble foundation where the vast majority of the funds raised go where they are most needed: projects supporting the young people themselves. Despite the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, the IYF (UK) is well funded and will maintain it's 2020 grant awards as well as making an emergency fund available for organisations and community groups most affected.
- Work with the Board of Trustees to develop the Strategic Fundraising Plan, targets and KPIs
- Income generation from new revenue streams: particularly focused on corporate philanthropy and CSR. Consolidate existing philanthropic sources, including revenue from the extensive support base
- Devise and implement donor acquisitions strategies and, in consultation with the Board, develop a committed group of financial supporters
- Manage the fundraising budget and ensure industry guided ROI
- Enhance the charities digital presence (including social media) to raise profile and support fundraising efforts
- Have regular interaction with the Development Group alongside strategic support from the IYF Chair
- An affinity with IYF’s mission, belief in the power of philanthropy
- Strategic capability and commitment to increase charitable income generation from private sources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with staff, companies, high level donors, volunteers and the public
- Confident presenting to senior people
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently and attend evening events as required
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.