Sitting in the centre of the organisation this role provides resourcing and exprtise to our teams working across the world. The Senior Manager for Civic Action Campaigns and Capacity Building will oversee the design, development and delivery of ISD’s global civic action campaigns and capacity building programmes. Working with ISD staff across programmes and regions, the post holder will develop a range of capacity building models and resources as well as ensuring the successful design and delivery of civic action campaigns both offline and online.
Primary responsibility for this position will consist of driving success in two ISD programmes: Young Cities and the Youth Civil Activism Network (YouthCAN). The post holder will have a broad remit across the organisation and responsibilities including:
- Working with youth and a range of partners to design, develop and deliver innovative civic action capacity building and campaigns focused on countering hate, polarisation and extremism across multiple regions
- Working with partners locally and internationally to empower youth and municipal leaders to challenge hate, polarisation and extremism, while enhancing collaboration between youth and local governments to develop best practices for youth engagement
- Engaging audiences such as youth, community organisations, practitioners and municipal leaders to build their individual capacities and facilitate more inclusive and effective campaigns and youth programming
- Working with teams across ISD to produce civic action campaigns, models and modules for a range of audiences across a number of regions and programmes
- Taking ISD’s existing civic action capacity building models beyond youth programmes
- Managing individual direct line reports as well as working closely and collaboratively with other ISD teams across regions and programmes
The first 12 months of role will include additional responsibilities to cover maternity leave for the Young Cities Senior Manager:.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.