ISD is seeking a senior M&E professional to join our growing and busy team to play a key role in driving forward ISD’s approach to monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) in our 6 global sites (London, Amman, Berlin, Beirut, Nairobi, Toronto, and Washington DC) and across over 15 project jurisdictions. It is an exciting time to join ISD, having doubled our project count over the last two years and we are operating across more jurisdictions than ever in combatting the rising tide of extremism, polarisation, and hate worldwide.
The Senior Manager will lead and strategically develop ISD’s M&E practices and systems, working in close partnership with our top teams in research, policy and programming, and underpinning our MEL strategy. The post holder will take a swift lead on all MEL developments and form the ISD M&E team, looking to grow our capabilities across all sites.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading and advising the development of MEL systems on ISD projects and programmes
- Providing sound advice and support on MEL developments to key project teams and stakeholders
- Drive the broader M&E agenda of using M&E as a learning tool to improve ISD programming
- Drive development to secure new funding to evaluate sections of ISD programming
- Line manage up to 2 staff, fostering a positive and collaborative team environment and providing learning opportunities.
This position will require a candidate with the following experience:
- Leading expertise on the development of evidence-based Theories of Change for range of programme types
- Extensive experience in conducting a range of evaluation types such as theory-based, case-based, process and impact evaluations for a variety of projects
- Experience in using participatory MEL approaches that provide space for programme and policy teams, partners and beneficiaries to jointly reflect on the effectiveness and impact of their work.
- Experience in developing MEL systems for a variety of project types, such as capacity building, advocacy/policy influencing, research and networks
- Previous experience supporting or leading M&E data collection, and development of M&E functions
- Experience in line management, building and developing teams