ISD is a global counter-extremism organisation dedicated to powering solutions to hate and extremism. ISD has established itself as one of the leading global authorities on extremism and security. Combining research and analysis with government advisory work and programme delivery, ISD has been at the forefront of forging real-world, evidence-based responses to the challenges of integration, extremism and terrorism.
As a global non-profit organisation with teams in London, Beirut, Toronto and Washington D.C., ISD enjoys strategic partnerships with the world’s leading technology companies and supports more than a dozen prominent governments and institutions in stemming the rise of violent extremism and hate speech.
We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Web Manager to develop and implement a strategy to improve our website. You would be joining our small (but mighty) communications team for one day and one half day a week, either at our offices in central London or working remotely.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can develop and implement a web strategy that supports the goals of the organisation and support ISD staff to better carry out their work.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation with a strong social mission. You will improve user experience, help to better communicate our mission, the many areas of ISD work and future-proof our site as the organisation grows in size and profile. This role would suit a freelancer who is looking for some routine in their working week or someone looking for part-time work.
The role will include: overseeing a web strategy, adding necessary functionality and development to the website, day-to-day maintenance and troubleshooting on the site, updating content to reflect the work we are doing across the organisation and helping users to find and navigate our site.
1. Website strategy
- Work with senior team to develop a website strategy that supports ISD’s objectives and engages its key audiences
- Advise the team on best practise for the content and format of the website e.g. length of copy and content needed for the pages
- Monitor site performance and campaigns and share analytics and considerations with the wider communications team
- Forward-looking strategy advice to ensure the website is future-proof and responds to the changing needs of its users
2. Website maintenance and development
- Day-to-day updates of the website and scanning for glitches or outdated content
- Create widgets and content to present our information in the most engaging way to users
- Manage and improve user experience, across different devices
- Ensure the website works well for SEO
3. Project management
- Lead website strategy managing input from project teams and the senior team
- Create and manage processes and timelines to ensure the website remains up to date and responds to the organisation’s needs
What success looks like
- Better performing ISD website on desktop and mobile
- More visitors to the ISD website
- Increased length of visits to the website
- Experienced using Wordpress and Google Analytics
- 3 years plus experience of managing websites
- Experience managing Wordpress sites
- Strong project management experience, leading and delivering projects
- Experience working with a senior team to translate organisational strategy into technical development of the website
- Experience reviewing existing sites and writing and implementing a strategy that includes both minor and major site improvements
- Good working knowledge of UX and optimising websites for mobile
- Good working knowledge of web analytics and SEO, specifically Google Analytics
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills – the ability to be able to communicate with non-technical members of the team
- Attention to detail and outstanding organisational skills
- A commitment to the role, the organisation and our mission
- Enthusiasm for the project and a can-do attitude
- Experience using Photoshop, in-design and Premiere Pro to help create content for the website and other digital platforms
- Experience working remotely with teams – you will not be in the office full time so you will need a good system for communicating with the team remotely
- Copywriting skills – copy for pages will generally be written by the communications team but some experience copyediting would be helpful
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a one-page cover letter and two-page CV via the application method below, by 11th December, 5pm. Exceptional candidates may be interviewed and appointed before this time.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applications without a covering letter will not be considered. All applicants who are invited to interview will be asked to produce evidence of their right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.