Are you looking for a customer-oriented role in a sustainability-focused not for profit organisation? If you are interested in sustainability and have excellent organisational and communications skills, then the role of Membership Assistant may be for you. ISEAL is the global membership organisation for ambitious sustainability systems, and we bring together many of the most well-known organisations in our sector. Please find out more about us on our website iseal(.)org.
The Membership Assistant is part of the Membership & Credibility team that is focused on supporting aspiring members through the application process and helping existing members to make the most of their engagement with ISEAL. The team is responsible for high-quality growth in ISEAL membership, for the delivery and/or communication of programmes that support and challenge our members, and for managing the processes by which members can demonstrate they meet the requirements of being an ISEAL Code Compliant member.
The position will have a key role in supporting ongoing membership processes and in helping applicants navigate the requirements of ISEAL membership. The role will track incoming applications and provide support to potential and existing members, pre-assessing submitted documentation and communicating about requirements. The Assistant will also help coordinate the work of independent evaluators, contributing to the assessment process for ISEAL Code Compliant members.
To be considered for this role, you will be highly organised with great attention to detail, strong diary management skills, and reliable follow-up of agreed tasks. You are very process-oriented and can communicate about process requirements to a wide range of organisations. With a budding ability to work independently, you have a friendly, professional demeanour and are comfortable in your communications and interactions with colleagues and external stakeholders. You have gained some work experience in roles focused on process administration and information management, ideally in a membership or customer-service related role.
In return, ISEAL can offer inspiring insight into the world of sustainability initiatives and sustainability issues, a supportive organisational culture, and good opportunities to develop professionally and personally in an international NGO environment.
Membership application process
- Monitor aspiring members through their application journey and support them to understand the procedures to progress towards membership
- Deliver administrative processes that underpin the annual member review cycle, including scheduling review meetings with members and contributing to meeting preparations
- Create and track member review schedule and compliance activities, including independent external evaluations and annual review meetings
- Provide a high level of customer service to aspiring and existing ISEAL members, and independent evaluators to support effective relationship management
- Record and track information and contribute to meeting documents and minutes in support of the programme management and the Membership Committee
- Contribute to monitoring and tracking effectiveness and efficiency of the membership processes against agreed indicators
- Maintain records on external evaluators including information about their competencies and conflicts of interest
- Help maintain related web content on ISEAL website
- Serve as an active member of the Membership & Credibility team by participating in team meetings, and contributing to team activities
- Contribute to wider organisational work by producing reports or liaising with colleagues on other teams
- Assist with member events
- Help deliver other marketing and communication activities
- Contribute to staff meetings, and other internal meetings with views and suggestions
- Fulfil requirements of internal staff management processes including performance reviews, supervisory meetings etc
Experience, Knowledge and Attributes
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent work experience
- Some experience in process administration, account management or quality assurance (could be internship or volunteering) and genuine interest in providing exceptional customer service
- Confidence in communications, displaying professionalism & right level of tact and awareness of others
- Accuracy and a good eye for detail
- Strong organisational skills, and experience working with systems and processes
- Good time management and ability to efficiently organise and deliver multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good IT skills, familiarity with MS Office, virtual meeting tools, and customer relationship management systems (e.g. Salesforce)
- Demonstrated interest in contributing to a more sustainable world
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Confidence in using IT systems, familiarity with virtual meeting tools (e.g. MS Teams, Skype, GoToMeeting, etc), use of contact management databases (e.g. Salesforce) and proficiency in MS Office
- Interest in and some understanding of sustainability standards and certification, which may have been gained via academic, internship, employment or voluntary settings.
- Experience with website maintenance and content management systems and/or e-newsletter systems, e.g. MailChimp
- Experience working with time-bound procedures
Other relevant information
Term: Initial 12-months fixed term contract
Salary: £23,500-28,500 p.a. depending on experience
Working Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
Location: This position will be based in ISEAL’s London head office; due to uncertainty with Covid-19, an ability and willingness to work from home is required. Applicants will need to provide evidence that they are entitled to work in the UK.
Annual Leave: 25 days / year for a full-time position (including office closure between Christmas and New Year)
Ideal Start Date: asap
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.