ISEAL is looking for an experienced events professional to deliver a range of virtual and in person events for its global stakeholder base. This is an exciting new role for someone with a strong track record in organising events of differing sizes and in online and physical formats who is interested in working in a sustainability focused international organisation.
In addition to regular smaller workshops and webinars, ISEAL hosts a global conference or symposium each year that brings together key stakeholders to explore critical topics in the sustainability standards landscape. In 2024, this will take place in Switzerland in June as ISEAL´s flagship event with around 200-300 participants. Additionally, ISEAL organises Members´ week, an annual multi-day event for ISEAL Community Members to participate in technical or working group meetings. Having been delivered virtually through the COVID period, in 2023, this took place in person again in the Netherlands. Forthcoming events will also include a Sustainability dialogues webinar series and annual trend webinars, with other events to be organised in locations potentially including Ghana, India and Colombia.
The Senior Coordinator will play a key role in delivering thoughtful administrative, logistics, outreach and communications support for the types of events mentioned above. In doing so, the position will be responsible for all aspects of event coordination including venue logistics, catering arrangements, registration, correspondence with participants and speakers, maintaining relevant systems, databases and webpages. The Senior Coordinator will also work closely with ISEAL programme and senior colleagues to liaise about the development of event content and sessions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong proven skills in the organisation of in-person and virtual events of a similar nature, including experience with international events, an ability to work independently and the initiative to take things forward within an agreed scope. Given the range of international events, the role also requires a sensitive approach to cultural diversity and, ideally, some additional language skills.
With the capacity to work effectively in a small organisation, the preferred candidate will have the confidence to liaise with colleagues at all levels and will bring proven experience in putting together agendas for events. A demonstrated interest in sustainable events and/or sustainability in general is strongly favoured.
The key responsibilities we entrust you with
- Contribute to setting up and maintaining the annual event schedule
- Coordinate the production and delivery of in person and virtual events, with a particular focus on sustainable event delivery
- Lead venue selection for in person events, collating requirements, researching venues, completing contracting with venue and major suppliers, and communicating event needs to venue
- Support speakers, colleagues and participants in travel logistics
- Coordinate outreach for events, working closely with communications teams to promote events across all relevant channels
- Oversee registration for events, monitoring relevant systems and providing internal updates
- Provide technical support during webinars and livestreamed events on Zoom or Microsoft Teams and operate other tools for virtual engagement (Mentimeter, EasyRetro, Jamboard, etc.)
- Liaise with senior and programme staff about development of content for events, drawing up session schedules and ensuring logistical requirements are met
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and support the delivery of project related events
- Prepare written event materials, including web copy, programmes, invitations, feedback surveys, travel reimbursement policies and other documents
- Act as first point of contact for queries on events, maintaining high quality, courteous and responsive email correspondence, directing queries to relevant team members or responding directly as appropriate
- Support the development and implementation of communications and marketing strategies
- Deliver internal briefings for staff in lead up to events
- Contribute to budget tracking and coordinate with ISEAL finance team about invoicing and reimbursement
- Support events follow-up such as feedback survey analysis, preparation of post-event materials and reports
- Organise data and relevant mailing lists, including keeping records up to date
- Maintain an updated list of venue choices that have high sustainability credentials in key cities where ISEAL may wish to hold small and large events
- Be a collaborative and effective team member, liaising with colleagues at all levels across the organisation where needed
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Essential attributes / skills / knowledge
- Undergraduate degree in any relevant subject or equivalent work experience and/or training
- Track record of working on large in-person events (conferences, galas, auctions, other types of events, etc.), ideally in an international setting
- Demonstrable experience setting up and supporting online events, including technical troubleshooting
- Strong interest, and ideally experience, in delivering sustainable or “green” meetings and events
- Strong project management, with an ability to comfortably juggle a number of different deliverables and deadlines at any given time
- Confidence in using IT systems, familiarity with virtual meeting tools (e.g. Teams, Zoom, MailChimp, etc) and proficiency in MS Office
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with others (via e-mail, Teams, phone and in person)
- Motivated independent worker with high standards, attention to detail, and initiative to take action and solve problems within an agreed scope
- Ability to work confidently and sensitively with a diverse global community
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fully remote, international environment, including regular international time-zone calls
- Interest in sustainability issues or in convening people around sustainability issues
- Comfortable with some flexibility in working hours (specifically in the 3-4 weeks leading up to major events)
- Experience organising international events
- Experience working or interning in an international NGO/ membership organisation
- Working knowledge of other languages (e.g. French, German, Spanish, Portuguese).
ISEAL supports ambitious sustainability systems and their partners to tackle the world’s most pressing sustainability challenges – from the climate emergency and biodiversity crisis to human rights and persistent poverty. ISEAL Community Members include many of the most respected sustainability schemes worldwide and are active across a diverse range of sectors. Read more about us on our website iseal(.)org.
ISEAL´s culture and how we will help you thrive
Our values are Connection, Empowerment, Inspiration, Wellbeing, Effective Working and Creativity.
These are traits we value in each other and in the organisation overall and we instil these in all our processes and interactions.
The issues we work on are of a global nature and our team reflects this, with individuals from many different backgrounds and nationalities. We know this diversity adds to the high quality of work we deliver as an organisation and through our commitment to diversity and inclusion we want to add strengths and perspectives in our team with each recruitment. Diversity for us includes race and gender identity, age, disability status, sexual orientation, religion and many other areas forming part of someone´s identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
As an organisation, we also support our people in their personal and professional development, with specific budgets and processes enabling individuals to take advantage of growth and development opportunities.
We offer 25 days of annual leave, to which we will add a day a year after 2 years (to a maximum of 30 days), as well as an extra five days as a one off once you have been with us for a full five years.
We recognise individuals’ preferences when it comes to where and when to work through a hybrid working model with a minimum of 4 days per month in the London office as well as the opportunity to apply for flexible working arrangements to suit individual´s needs.
Other relevant information
Term: This is an initial contract of one year with the possibility of extension
Working hours: 80 % (30 hours) – 100 % (full time, 37.5 hours per week), depending on preference
Salary: £35,000 – 39,000, depending on experience (pro rata for less than 100%)
Location: London is the preferred location. Applicants will need to provide evidence that they are entitled to work in the UK. An ability and willingness to work in a hybrid work environment is required.
International travel: The post holder will be required to undertake occasional international travel
Ideal start date: 1 February 2024
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.