Islamic Help is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly organised individual for the role of Grants Coordinator to ensure a smooth running of grants from setup to close down. You will ensure successful implementation of donor requirements and reporting, ensuring basic compliance, accurate financial information, good quality narratives on programme outputs and updating key internal systems and processes for effective management of grants.
Award Management (50%)
1. Support in the management of grants portfolio as is requested.
2. Support in monitoring projects to ensure progress against objectives and compliance with donor guidelines.
3. Support the review of narrative and financial reports; consulting with and ensuring input from relevant staff at UK and field offices.
4. Support budget realignments and grant amendments/modifications, where necessary.
5. Assist country offices with ad-hoc queries on standard donor compliance issues.
6. Track and document lessons learned from finalised projects and ensure they are fed into the programme development team.
7. Refer high level compliance matters to head of department for consultation with the senior management team.
8. Stay informed about programmatic issues and security and political developments in the field offices and how they might affect programme implementation.
9. Maintain support country offices in keeping reporting schedules.
1. Maintain a strong relationship with the field offices team members to ensure the use of all templates, guidance, policies and procedures agreed with the donor.
2. Liaise with other departments and teams at head office as needed in order to provide the best support to country offices.
3. Manage existing relationships through professional account management and communicating the impact of our work to funders in a compelling way.
4. Maintain accurate funder records in order to monitor, evaluate and report on fundraising activity.
Grant and Application Development (10%)
1. Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the organization and its work.
2. Work closely with the Head of IFP department to identify and pursue fundraising opportunities.
3. Assist, when required, in the development of high quality proposals and concept papers for submission to donors.
4. Support in the on-going development of departments’ fundraising strategy.
1. Provide coverage for key programme/support functions as requested, to assist with short-term gaps and emergency support
2. Provide back-up support when head of department is absent
3. Other duties as assigned by supervisor
We are looking for someone with permission to work in the UK. We are looking for an ambitious person; who enjoys building relationships; has Arabic/Turkish as mother tongue and excellent English proficiency; and loves working as part of a team. It would be great if you have a qualification in a relevant discipline, but we're more interested in your experience, your values and your attitude than your qualifications.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
1. Understanding of Middle Eastern/ Turkish institutional donors and their requirements (e.g. IDB, KSRelief, TRC).
2. Excellent communication skills including active listening and verbal and written Arabic/Turkish and English languages.
3. Solid organisational skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritise, and to learn quickly.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with people within and across departments in a multi-cultural environment.
5. Both a team player and independent performer in a very fast-paced environment
6. A flexible work attitude and a calm manner, able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
7. Experience in writing, reviewing and editing narrative and financial reports and excellent attention to detail
8. Good IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
9. Understanding of humanitarian aid and development programming preferably in the Middle East, Africa and Asia
The job description is a general outline of the job duties and responsibilities and may be amended as the scope of the IF&P department develops. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume by clicking the link provided. We may call for the right candidate/s to interviews even before the closing date.
It's a really exciting time to join Islamic Help. If you're successful in joining our team, you'll not only have the opportunity to further your career, you'll be improving the lives of people through the work that you do.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.