Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 37 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
We are currently recruiting for the position of ‘Direct Marketing Officer (Email & SMS)’ to join the Islamic Relief UK division based in our Waterloo offices, London. The purpose of the role is to deliver and grow IRUK’s Email and SMS marketing programme end-to-end from conception to delivery, and responsible for managing the Email and SMS platforms, ensuring regular reporting on email and SMS campaigns. Support the design and execution of bespoke supporter journeys, and lead on developing and testing Email and SMS content which drives engagement and conversion. Continuously monitor and optimise Email and SMS campaigns ensuring IRUK is maximising on existing and new supporters.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Strong understanding of the major technology-driven changes and trends affecting the online media and advertising industries
- Good understanding of developing and reporting against set KPIs and metrics
- Have demonstrable understanding of email and SMS marketing and data segmentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write clear and concise email copy
- Experience of running email marketing campaigns geared towards British Muslims
- Experience of successfully implementing email marketing programmes and email automation
- Experience of implementing supporter segmentation processes for email marketing purposes
- Hands-on Experience of using email marketing platforms (Islamic Relief UK currently uses Communicator & Campaigner)
- Experience of relationship and stakeholder management
- Ability to craft engaging copy for email marketing
- Understanding of charity sector marketing
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit our website.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 05/10/2021.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.