Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 36 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Our Head office based in Birmingham, UK, is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Executive Assistant (Director of External Relations and Advocacy)’. The division’s responsibilities include brand protection and reputation management; international media relations and advocacy; IRW’s website, publications and social media platforms; internal communications; and staff training.
In close cooperation with the other divisions of the organisation and the direct line reports of the Director of External Relations and Advocacy (ERA), the Executive Assistant will help the ERA Director achieve the Division’s agreed strategic aims and objectives.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Ideally degree educated, and particularly useful if this is in a relevant discipline (such as international development, NGO management, policy development, communications/marketing)
- Significant previous experience of providing senior executive support
- Some knowledge of the social media landscape, coupled with some experience in creating social media content
- Previous experience of analysis and research
- Good knowledge and sound understanding of the needs, sensitivities and professional discipline of public communications and external relations
- Skilled in exercising discretion and sound judgement when dealing with unexpected issues
- Willingness to travel and work outside normal office hours
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who are sympathetic to the IR values of Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship – together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery and Child Protection and our extensive staff Code of Conduct. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
Please Note: Interviews are expected to take place Mid-April 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
For UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.