Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 37 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Islamic Relief UK is looking for a Head of Communications & Creative Content as we go through a period of exciting growth and change.
The Head of Communications & Creative Content will work to raise the profile of Islamic Relief UK to internal and external audiences, will deliver strong leadership so we can maximise our impact and effectiveness and achieve our strategic ambitions, and will also play a key role as a member of the UK Senior Management Team.
The Head of Communications & Creative Content will need to operate effectively and efficiently in a continually developing and changing workplace context and be capable of motivating others to embrace change.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Substantial experience, operating at a senior level in communications, creative content, public relations, journalism, or advocacy & campaigning
- Practical experience of developing, monitoring and evaluating communication strategies and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and converting strategy into delivery
- Experience of tailoring communication messages to key audiences including media and hostile/antagonistic audiences
- Demonstrable experience of handling complex and sensitive issues in a high-profile organisation with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of managing crisis comms
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and coach a wide-ranging team
- Strong understanding of international development and humanitarian work
- Proven track record in public speaking
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on or around 16/06/2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.