Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 37 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
IRW Birmingham are currently recruiting for the position of ‘Internal Communications Manager' to join its dynamic External Relations & Advocacy Division. The post holder is responsible for designing and implementing the day-to-day flow of timely updates, news and organisational communications across the Islamic Relief family, namely between field offices (IRFOs), partners (IRPs) and the international head office (IRW). The role of the ICM is to ensure existing internal communications processes, technologies and resources are well utilised and coordinated in order to improve cross-organisational communications and messaging to support IRW leadership in delivery of Islamic Relief’s mission. The role involves managing activities at IRW and also working with counterparts within IRP and IRFO levels, acting as a point of contact for all internal communications activities.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Experience of managing internal communications in a complex corporation or INGO
- Experience of developing and implementing internal communications strategies and measuring their effectiveness
- Experience with the tools of internal communications including intranet systems, email marketing software and face-to-face events
- Experience training and supporting communicators and non-communicators to create key messages and deliver engaging and timely communications with staff in mind
- Proven experience of writing copy for a variety of audiences across a range of media, including print and digital – ensuring outputs are engaging and accurate
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate and engage professionally with all stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of window-based software packages, intranet content management systems for digital channels and social networking and collaborative working tools for internal communications
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 26/04/2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.