Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 36 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Our head office in Birmingham, UK is actively recruiting for the position of ‘Investigations Manager’ to join the Governance Division to be based from Birmingham or London (For those based in London, the role will require travel to Birmingham as needed but no more than 3 days a week in ordinary circumstances).
Reporting to the Investigation Lead, the Investigation Manager will be required to:
- Provide oversight of internal investigations within the organisation
- Conduct investigations on behalf of Islamic Relief Worldwide
- To assist the Investigations Lead with development of our internal investigations framework
- Support with the development of effective resources (policies and guidelines) and processes
- Support internal and external whistleblowing and complaints mechanisms by contributing to the ongoing development of key business processes in relation to the investigation of complaint/ whistleblowing disclosures, whilst contributing to the review of operational policy development and associated processes.
- Supporting the work of the Division in meeting legislative and regulatory compliance requirements as directed
The successful candidate must have or be:
- A relevant degree or equivalent suited to the remit of the role
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and laterally, to overcome challenges
- The ability to prioritise and work efficiently under pressure and subject to changing priorities; proven experience of managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and using judgement and initiative in problem resolution
- Working knowledge of Safeguarding protocols
- Some experience of complex, involved investigations including being part of the investigations team
- Ability to demonstrate direct involvement in complaints management and investigations of all types
- Interpersonal skills capable of managing relationships and challenging situations
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Experience in conducting Fraud investigations and report preparation
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 12/04/2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.