Our Birmingham, UK Humanitarian Academy for Development (HAD) Office is actively recruiting for the position of Learning & Development Business Partner (Programme Learning Lead). Serving the Humanitarian and International Development Sector and its parent Islamic Relief Worldwide.
The purpose of the role ensures learning needs are identified and matched with appropriate, relevant and cost-effective solutions to ensure staff have the knowledge and skills to perform effectively in their current and future roles through well-designed learning programmes and talent management processes contributing to the development of quality programming.
The successful candidate must have:
- Knowledge and experience of the principles and methods for training design, practical instruction and facilitation of both small and large groups and the evaluation of learning interventions
- Extensive experience of delivering training courses across a range of topics
- Proven understanding of how people learn and the barriers to people’s learning
- Demonstrable ability to deliver excellent quality, engaging presentations and interactive training
- Experience of successfully developing and running substantial learning interventions (both face to face and in electronic format) and sessions that are proven to be effective
- Fluency in spoken and written English to the standard necessary to be able to deliver credible training to an excellent standard
- Proven experience of managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and using judgment and initiative in problem resolution
- Excellent levels of computer literacy in office software, together with an ability to learn new applications quickly
- Experience of programme management within humanitarian and development sector
- Understanding of humanitarian standards such as CHS, SPHERE, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of training required at a field office level
- Must be very familiar with the working culture of various countries where HAD will potentially work
- Proven record of excellent people and interpersonal skills with strong communication skills at individual and group levels
- Understanding and experience in facilitating learning amongst different cultures
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who are sympathetic to the IR values of; Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
Please Note: Interviews are expected to take place on an ongoing basis and the vacancy will close as soon as a suitable candidate has been found.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- criminal records check
- receipt of satisfactory references
For UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
IRW is an equal opportunities employer
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.