Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 35 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts or natural disasters.
Our head office in Birmingham, UK is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Programme Manager - Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding in Fragile Contexts’ to join the International Projects Division. The purpose of the role is to lead and manage a three-year programme funded by the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) on conflict prevention and peacebuilding in Kenya, Pakistan and , Philippines. The PM-CPPFC will be responsible for managing the project implementation over the course of 16 months till the end of the project duration, ensuring that project deliverables and results are being achieved effectively and efficiently. The incumbent will be responsible for assuring that the project is implemented within the agreed scope of work and in compliance with SIDA’s regulations and within IRW’s policies and processes.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- A graduate degree or Masters’ Degree or in-depth experience in relevant field required (e.g. International Relations, International Development, Peace and Conflict Studies or equivalent experience in development/humanitarian areas)
- An in-depth understanding of international development issues
- Qualified in PMD-Pro and or any other Project Management professional qualifications would be useful
- Extensive experience of managing and implementing multi-country funded project
- Understanding of conflict prevention and peacebuilding demonstrated through management of projects
- Track record of working in a similar role with an International NGO
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who are sympathetic to the IR values of; Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
Please Note: Interviews are expected to take place on Monday 11th November 2019.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
For UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.