Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 35 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts or natural disasters.
We are currently recruiting for the position of ‘Regional Desk Officer’ to join the International Programmes Division whose responsibility is to keep the organisation focused on the socio-economic and humanitarian needs of vulnerable people.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to allocated country offices in delivery of effective programmes according to the Country Programme and Regional Strategies and raising profile amongst donors and potential funders.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- A graduate degree or equivalent experience in development/humanitarian areas
- An in-depth understanding of international development issues
- Proven track record of working in a similar role with an International NGO or the successful completion of a one year trainee programme for this role
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of programmes; use of quantitative and qualitative research data collection in support of programme development
- Strong and well developed analytical skills coupled with experience of writing quality proposals and reports
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who are sympathetic to the IR values of; Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
Please Note: Interviews are expected to take place on 25th February 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK (If required)
- receipt of satisfactory references
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.