Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 35 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts or natural disasters.
Our head office in Birmingham, UK is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Safeguarding Officer’ to join the Governance Division who supports matters regarding; Legal, Internal Audit and the Policy and Compliance Unit encompassing Security, Safeguarding, Whistleblowing and Complaints. The purpose of the job is to work closely with Safeguarding Lead in the context of IRW by providing technical and programme support to the International Programme Department in the roll out of the safeguarding framework and support the effective operations of the safeguarding projects and initiatives. Support internal and external safeguarding processes by the ongoing development of key processes in relation to the safeguarding assessment, receipt and processing of safeguarding complaints whilst contributing to the reviewing of safeguarding, PSEA and Child Safeguarding policy development and associated processes.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Proven record of excellent people and interpersonal skills with strong communication skills at individual and group levels, including ability to engage within a multicultural environment
- Significant experience in an INGO setting or equivalent
- Experience of Safeguarding, PSEA and Child Safeguarding
- Previous experience of working within humanitarian and development (third) sector is an advantage
- Demonstrable experience in consultative team approaches to decision making and innovation which motivates and drives teams forward
- Proven ability and experience in analysing data which enables sound conclusion and recommendations to be drawn
- Demonstrates the flexibility and energy that is required for a high level of self-management and awareness
- Substantial experience in managing relationships and challenging situations
- Ability to respond to a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability and motivation to travel within UK and internationally
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who are sympathetic to the IR values of; Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
Please Note: Interviews are expected to take place early March 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
For UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.