Islamic Relief is an independent humanitarian and development organisation which has been saving and transforming lives since 1984. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
During this exciting period of growth, we are currently recruiting for the position of ‘Digital Content and Partnerships Coordinator’ to join Islamic Relief UK’s award-winning Marketing department.
The purpose of the role is to develop innovative digital content through new and unconventional channels which engages previously untapped audiences. Also, to maintain existing and develop new partnerships with social media influencers and digital/social media publishers to grow the reach of Islamic Relief UK’s messaging.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Develop engaging multimedia content for various digital channels e.g. social media, podcasts, live video
- Managing influencer marketing campaigns and/or campaigns with digital/social media publishers
- Recruiting high profile individuals and/or social media influencers to support marketing campaigns
- Strong understanding of the major technology-driven changes and trends affecting the online media and advertising industries
- Strong video production skills (both editing video content and live video production)
- Experience in live video production, and utilising live video to deliver engagement and communicate interesting and/or urgent messages to supporters and potential supporters
- Strong independent judgement in managing external organisations and internal contacts
- Developing digital content geared towards the British Muslim community
- Experience of working in the development sector, with some knowledge of Islamic humanitarian values
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit our website.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 28/10/2021.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- Screening clearance
- Proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- Receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.