Islamic Relief Worldwide
Islamic Relief UK (IRUK)
LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
Islamic Relief is an international non-governmental organisation (INGO) founded in the UK in 1984 by a group of medical doctors and activists. Established in response to the widespread famine in Africa, Islamic Relief has grown to become one of the world’s largest Muslim INGO with a presence in over 40 countries worldwide.
Since 1984, Islamic Relief has saved and transformed the lives of over 110 million people. By responding to disasters, rebuilding lives and preparing people in case disaster strikes – we save lives before they are lost. In addition to providing disaster and emergency response, we also promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities – regardless of race, religion or gender. Islamic Relief is a member of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) and an implementing partner for DFID, ECHO, the World Food Programme (WFP) and UNHCR.
PURPOSE OF DIVISION (IRUK)
Islamic Relief UK (IRUK) is a Strategic Business Unit (SBU) that is part of Islamic Relief Worldwide.
IRUK’s focus is strengthening effective funding, mobilising for change through advocacy and awareness-raising, and strengthening programme development and delivery. IRUK works with various partners and institutions, from governments, non-governmental organisations and local authorities to grassroots communities.
PURPOSE OF DEPARTMENT ( Support Services):
The Support Services Department of IRUK is responsible for the provision of backend services (namely ICT, HR, accounts, facilities management, supporter relations and procurement) to the SBU so it can deliver its strategy successfully. It is also responsible for continuous monitoring IRUK’s performance and developing systems, policies and procedures to ensure it maintains a high level of operational efficiency.
This is a vital supporter-facing role, providing an excellent level of service to Islamic Relief’s supporters in line with the standards set out in Supporter relations framework. The job holder will provide support to the orphan’s officer and will play a key role in ensuring all communications with supporters are of the highest possible standard. They will also need to ensure that all enquiries are handled efficiency and promptly whilst maintaining accurate financial reports and supporter records on the database. This involves handling both general and orphans related enquiries and the administration of UK orphans one to one sponsorship program.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Regular liaison with orphans Team Leader and SRU colleagues to ensure that the duties of the units are fulfilled effectively.
- Working closely with the orphans and Child Welfare Dept. at Islamic Relief Worldwide and child welfare Officers in the field offices to ensure support of OCW program
- Regular liaison with Islamic Relief Depts. to ensure One to One Orphans Sponsorship program is being promoted to agreed standards
- Communicate effectively with supporters on Orphans related work.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
- Reporting to the Orphans Team Leader, the Orphans assistant will strengthen the organisation’s position, performance and standing through.
- Responsible for the administration of the Orphans One to One sponsorship in UK Office.
- Ensuring timely collection of orphan sponsorship donations from all income streams including missed and stopped orphan’s payment
- Responsible for processing all orphans related responses and enquiries efficiently ensuring high supporter satisfaction and proactively identify opportunities to increase supporter value and reduce sponsorship attrition.
- With the Orphans officer, review and further develop the administration systems that will enhance the One to One Sponsorship program and device mechanism for supporter retention and loyalty
Responsibility for resources:
The post holder will be:
- Responsible for ensuring that income data on Raisers Edge and is accurate, updated and accessible
- Ensuring that records are kept accordance with legal/ statutory guidelines for financial audit requirements
- Maintain email, paper and electronic filing systems relating to all donation related work including current and archived information
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff:
Key Accountability: One to One Orphan Sponsorship Administration
- Edit and authorise orphans biodatas and progress reports according to Orphans & child
- Fulfilment of biodatas and progress reports to the agreed format and set time
- Administer new sponsorship via all income streams
- Administer orphans cancellations by supporters and field offices
- Maintain email, paper and electronic filing systems relating to all orphans & child welfare work including current and archived information.
- Verify sponsorship payments are up to date and take appropriate action
- Generate monthly regular giving and annual orphan’s sponsorship payment notifications.
- Administer Sponsorship terminations and liaise with donors and offer alternative sponsorship options
- Administer Orphans Renewals, terminations and allocations across all income streams.
- Ensure that progress reports are checked and sent to donors in a timely manner
- Log and Liaise with OCW at IRW to raise concerns or report any issues
- Monitoring of sponsorship payments across all income streams.
Key Accountability: Supporter Relations
- Handle all orphans related enquiries by telephone, letter and Orphans UK email and bring to conclusion. Maintain the orphans’ enquiry inbox effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that enquiries are handled within agreed standards. Entering support details and particulars of enquiries onto the Raisers Edge, responding to these enquiries verbally and/or by using standard or drafting tailored written responses, dispatching leaflets and information packs.
- Address donor concerns and complaints effectively and escalate to orphans Team Leader as required
- Liaise with donors with regards to resolving any payment issues
- Respond to and resolve supporter complaints, identifying and applying improvements to avoid repeating issues causing complaints, where possible.
Key Accountability: Database Administration and Quality Assurance
- Ensure records on Raisers Edge database are accurate and up-to-date
- Access and update Al Yateem as necessary
- Ensure information and accuracy across Raise Edge and Al Yateem
- Ensuring that all information related to donors are organised and accessible
- Assess service outputs proactively and systematically to assure high quality delivery, ensuring appropriate action is taken to correct and avoid errors
- Ensure processes and procedures are in place, documented and maintained
- Ensure all templates are reviewed and kept up to date regularly. Key Accountability General
- Effectively deal with complaints, ensure learning from complaints is taken on board, implement and develop processes for monitoring and report against IR’s centralised complaints procedure
- Work flexibly according to the demands of the organisation and carry out any duties with the competence of the post holder, assigned by Supporter Relations Manager including managing and taking part in live appeals when required
- Support the call centre by assisting in taking call centre donations in busy periods when call volumes are high
- Participate in meetings and working groups when requested by line manager and to ensure that decisions from any meetings are followed up.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient running of Islamic Relief as appropriate participate, as appropriate, in staff forums and Meetings
- Adheres to Islamic Relief’s Policies and Procedures
- Represent Islamic Relief to the wider community as appropriate to role and authority
- Treat all colleagues, volunteers and members of the public with dignity and work within and adhere to Islamic Relief’s equal opportunities statement and policies. Ensure professionalism and credibility at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks or projects as deemed appropriate by line manager within the scope of the role
- To upkeep the reputation and values of Islamic relief at all times.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and empathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to IRW’s vision and mission. To be eligible for appointment, we require candidates to meet all the essential criteria. Please consider this in your application.
Skills and knowledge
- Experience of working in customer service environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good levels of computer skills with experience of working with databases and competent in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work unsupervised and a part of team
- Ability to work in a methodical manner with attention to detail
- Ability to plan, prioritise and deliver on tight timescales and work under pressure
- Ability to input data accurately and efficiently
- Willingness to work longer hours, including weekends during peak campaigns
- Strong empathy for the aims and work of Islamic Relief.