Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 38 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Islamic Relief UK (IRUK) is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Philanthropy and Partnerships Lead’ to join its dynamic Fundraising division based out of its Waterloo offices in London. The purpose of the role is to develop, implement and manage the IRUK Philanthropy and Partnerships unit, portfolio and associated budgets, contributing towards the achievement of fundraising objectives and targets.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Experience working with HNWIs, Corporates, Trusts and foundations leading them from identification to giving annual and multi-year gifts of five and six figures
- Demonstrable corporate fundraising, sales or marketing, account management experience, including blue chip and/or trusts
- Proven experience of achieving challenging targets
- Experience of working alongside and supporting Board members and senior staff to identify and cultivate prospects and influencers
- Experience of using databases to identify prospective donors
- Experience of identifying potential HNWD, Corporates, Trusts and foundations, qualifying prospects and managing and growing a high-level prospect pipeline
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders in a complex, multi-cultural environment
- Experience of creating high-quality, high-level donor events and engagements
- Experience of fundraising in the British charitable sector
- Experience of working to and achieving an annual budget
- People management experience including carrying out performance reviews, 1:1’s, development, motivation and effective management of performance issues
- Knowledge and experience of using Raisers Edge/Salesforce or similar CRM products/fundraising databases, sponsorship, brand association and employee fundraising
- Creative and lateral thinker with an innovative and strategic approach to attracting new business.
- Proven ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts at all levels
- Experience in developing team strategies and plans
- Highly developed negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation skills – the ability to present Islamic Relief’s work professionally to senior managers in the corporate sector
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit our website.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 29/06/2022.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- criminal records check
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK-based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications that would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.