Responsible to: Head of Department International Examinations
Main Purpose of Job: To ensure the arrangement and delivery of examinations to meet the needs of members outside of the United Kingdom
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Organisation and planning of practical dance examinations, principally in your designated region / countries, ensuring that best use is made of resources, and to meet the identified needs of Members.
2. Co-ordinate and arrange travel and accommodation for examiners, working flexibly to meet their needs and those of the organisation / overall plan, and dealing with any necessary amendments, changes and complications as needed.
3. Ensure the timely and efficient administration of all paperwork relating to the examinations, in particular the despatch of all relevant paperwork etc to teachers and examiners in accordance with agreed deadlines.
4. Liaise with examiners and teachers as required, answering queries in a professional manner within agreed performance standards.
5. Liaise with the Finance officer and the finance team to ensure that all income and expenditure is processed efficiently.
6. Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Department or Executive Management.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with a demonstrable awareness and understanding of the potential impacts of language and cultural differences on working with others to deliver a good service
• Fluency in another language (Italian) appropriate to the region for which they are responsible and an understanding of the cultural implications of this.
• Proven ability to plan, co-ordinate, deliver and support a service, demonstrating flexible, efficient and accurate administrative and organisational skills even when under pressure.
• Good analytical problem solving skills to support effective decision making, using own initiative in particular in resolving difficulties experienced by staff travelling world-wide
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including using databases and researching the Internet
• May be required to travel to other countries on occasion, with notice
• Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace
• experience of working within a dance, awarding body, or arts environment
• experience of working for an examination board / awarding body