Do you want to be part of a team who is passionate about making a difference and delivering insights that drive better development results? Are you up for a challenge, and want to continue developing your career in International Development M&E? Our growing portfolio of complex multi-country Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) projects means that we are looking for a dynamic, adaptable and experienced Project Management professional to join our team.
You will work as a Senior Project Manager, overseeing the commercial management of projects in close collaboration with the Itad Technical Lead to ensure we deliver to the highest technical standard. Working within the Project Management Office but with accountability to the Project Director, you will be able to lead the successful commercial delivery of complex projects and programmes.
- In collaboration with the Project Director, liaise with the client(s), and maintain our highest levels of reputation
- Perform excellent cost control and revenue maximisation, including working with others to ensure financial monitoring, contract management and risk control
- Support internal communication to ensure efficient coordination and decision-making
- Work with the Itad Technical Lead and project Team Leader to ensure that the project is delivering technically excellent work on time and within budget
- Have oversight and manage the project programme, managing timing of inputs and deliverables in collaboration with the Itad Technical Lead and project Team Leader
- Ensure that projects are compliant with relevant (donor and other) policies and guidance, as well as Itad’s values and ways of working, and work to ensure that all project team members are fully briefed on how to ensure compliance
- Manage project resources such as external consultants and Itad suppliers, work with the Project Director and others to address any performance or other issues or needs that arise
- Contribute to bid development and commercial growth, including through communicating our project management service offer
- Participate in Itad internal working groups, contributing to the development of our project management discipline.
- Support the Practice lead in the coordination of resourcing and billing processes across the portfolio
Who You Are
- You have proven experience of delivering complex projects, including financial management, work planning, contract and risk management. Direct experience within the International Development space is highly desirable
- You are confident and experienced in client liaison and able to quickly establish credible and strong working relationships with a diverse array of people in your work, including senior stakeholders and partner organisations
- You have a proven track record in using your strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong working relationships with staff, collaborators and partners from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
Itad is a leading consultancy providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. Our work covers a range of sectors, including Education, Health, Governance, Social Protection and Livelihoods, Climate Change and Private Sector Development. We specialise in MERL and our work ranges from designing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems for multi-million pound initiatives, to conducting long-term impact evaluations across the world.
We make a difference delivering technical excellence and innovation, we foster collaboration and learning, we promote gender equality and social inclusion and we provide our staff with multiple opportunities for personal development.
About the role
This is a role that sits within our Project Management Unit but will work most closely with our Fragile and Conflict Affected Settings (FCAS) Practice. This team is driven by a commitment to improve the lives of people living in some of the harshest conditions in the world. They are recognised as a global leader in providing monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) advice and services to a diverse range of clients working in conflict and crisis contexts across the world. Their expertise encompasses a broad range of thematic areas including conflict prevention; peacebuilding; security and justice; stabilisation; serious and organised crime; women, peace and security; preventing violent extremism; migration; and humanitarian assistance. We work globally with a particular focus on East Africa, Middle East and North Africa (MENA), South Asia and the Pacific.
Our portfolio continues to grow both in size and complexity and this role will play a vital part in trajectory. We are currently providing MEL support to the UK Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) across the Eastern Africa, MENA and South Asia regions; to the UK FCDO on its global support to mine action; and to the UK Home Office on its global support to tackling serious and organised crime. We are also leading a number of evaluations of humanitarian assistance and support to refugees for UNHCR, UNICEF, IOM and UNRWA.
About the position
The role is based in our offices in Brighton & Hove (East Sussex), but we are open to you working anywhere in the UK. Travel to the office would be expected for key company and team events. You will already have the right to live and work in the UK and be able to undertake national and international travel when conditions allow.
The salary rage for this role is between £41 - £45k plus benefits depending on experience. We offer a comprehensive learning and development programme, flexible working options, 24 days holiday plus additional time off over Christmas and a matched company pension up to 5%.
We also know that there are great candidates who will not fit everything we have described above, or who have important skills we have not mentioned. If that is you, please do not hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
At Itad, we are committed to actively promoting diversity, equality and inclusion to empower people both within our organisation and through our work. We know that employees with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences make us a more effective and innovative company and we therefore welcome and encourage applications from interested candidates regardless of age, sex, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
The closing date is February 17 but we will hold initial discussions on a rolling basis.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.