ShareAction are a growing, influential organisation who are driving change in the global financial system to combat social inequality, climate change and biodiversity loss. With a focus on sustainability, Share Action are channelling the power of investment to address social issues, and their influence is continuously growing.
This is an exciting time to join the Finance team at a pivotal stage of development. The Finance Manager position is a newly created role that will support ShareAction’s continued growth and build capacity within finance. Working closely with the Director of Finance and Operations, the Finance Manager will provide support across the business to deliver a first-class finance function that adds real value to non-finance stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Director of Finance and Operations to devise and deliver the Finance strategy to meet the needs of ShareAction’s strategic objectives
- Supporting project managers with financial reporting, establishing a monthly project reporting process to improve financial oversight
- Preparing the management accounts (with the assistance of the Finance Officer) and overseeing the month end close
- Overseeing the day-to-day financial management of ShareAction, reviewing the work of the Finance Officer and taking the lead on more complex areas as required
- Supporting programme leads across the organisation and the fundraising team in developing funding budget proposals and providing funder financial reports
- Working with the Director of Finance and Operations and other budget holders to develop the organisational and project level budgets and financial plans
- Preparing the statutory accounts (with support from the Director of Finance and Operations) and acting as the key point of contact for the statutory auditors to ensure a smooth audit process
- Supporting with the preparation of trustee Board papers
- Maintaining the financial control environment and supporting in the implementation of new systems and processes as required
- Line managing the Finance Officer
This position would suit a part or fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) with exceptional communication skills, who is able to build relationships and credibility quickly and effectively. The successful candidate will be able to question, think innovatively and drive improvements and will demonstrate a track record of success in these areas. This position would suit someone either joining straight from accounting practice, or someone who has developed within a finance function who is looking for a role offering the opportunity to make an impact whilst professionally developing.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Kate Marriott at Ivy Rock Partners. Applications are being reviewed continuously and interviews will be held in early April so please express interest early to avoid missing this opportunity.