For a qualified accountant looking to further a career in Financial accounting and control, this senior position in the Financial Accounting team of a large charity would be an excellent career step.
With flexible working options and an excellent reputation for developing staff, this organisation offers the successful candidate the chance to grow in an established, growing environment.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, the Financial Accounting Manager will be repsonsible for:
- Developing and maintaining a strong control environment
- Ensuring accuracy in the transactional accounting team
- Producing key reports for the month end management accounts
- Overseeing complex bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Working with the FC on the year end process, producing the statutory accounts compliant with Charity SORP
- Working with the auditors (internal and external)
- Building relationships across the organisation, offering solutions to problems and providing support.
- Managing and developing the part-qualified Assistant Financial Accountant and Financial Accountant.
This role would suit a bright, versatile Financial Accountant coming from a commercial or Not for Profit background, with strong reconciliations experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is a recognized accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA). A background in audit would be advantageous, but is not essential whilst team management expereince and the ability to build relationships is key for success in this position.
For more information, please get in touch with Kate Marriott at Ivy Rock Partners.