We are working with a world leading medical research organisation to appoint a new Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
The role will primarily be focussed on taking the lead for Finance on business partnering with the company’s group leaders, who lead labs of varying seniority, sizes and research focus. You will lead strategic financial planning, budgeting and forecasting relating to these primary science-facing functions of the organisation and be responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary information it needs to support effective decision-making and strategic development.
It is an exciting role exposing the successful candidate to a world class research institute exposing them to all areas of their research, including Nobel Prize-winning scientists.
It is a hybrid working role with 2/3 days based in office.
The post holder will embody and demonstrate the organisations core values: bold, imaginative, open, dynamic and collegial. The FP&A Manager is expected to provide significant input to the continuous improvement of finance business partnering, frequently engage with key stakeholders and meaningfully contribute to internal Finance processes. The successful candidate will be expected to form strong relationships with the group leaders they work with, and, with the support of senior Finance members, develop the engagement with research groups to a world class function.
- Business partnering with research groups, performing a strong analysis and advisory service based on an evolving suite of management reporting
- Engaging with stakeholders to grow group leader understanding of finance processes to drive continuous improvement in both reporting and communication
- Working closely with the post-award team to ensure that Group Leaders understand the picture of their core and grant spends (approx. 50%)
- Responsibility for the key FP&A processes relating to research groups, including the annual budgets, forecasts and monthly analysis of spend (approx. 30%0
- Ad hoc responsibilities and projects as required by management
Skills and Experience
- You will be a qualified accountant with a track record in Finance business partnering in a complex organisation
- Strong hands-on planning and analysis experience
- Ability to extract, manipulate and model financial date to perform analysis and conclusions
- A proven team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to confidently engage with people of all levels of the finance and non-finance members of staff
- Excellent attention to detail, with a drive to improve financial processes wherever possible
You will have access to: · 1000s of online and in store shopping discounts · VIP and sold out concert tickets · Travel and concierge service · Free GP service · Confidential counselling & advice · My Family Care – Knowledge Centre · Exclusive rates for: · Health cash plans · Discretionary healthcare · Dental cash plans · In chair massage · British Library membership · Diet, health & fitness advice