Open to flexible working arrangements (eg. Flexible hours, partial home working, or 4 days per week considered)
This is a fantastic role for someone seeking an overarching Head of Finance role having already qualified and able to offer both strategic and operational strengths.
Praxis is an award-winning, dynamic human rights charity supporting refugees and other migrants at-risk to overcome the barriers they face to integrate, develop and thrive in the UK. This is a time of growth and transformational change for the charity. You must have a passion for our work and a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications from BAME candidates are welcome.
The Head of Finance and Resources reports directly to the CEO- Sally Daghlian (OBE) and is a member of the Leadership Team alongside the Head of Services and Head of Fundraising and Communications. The role combines strategic thinking and operational activity, including management of all support services; premises, finance, policy, IT and HR. The post holder will work with the CEO to build the organisational infrastructure and ensure robust governance, risk management, compliance and long-term financial planning.
The successful candidate will relish the opportunity to drive best practice across corporate services and improve charitable impact. You will need to have a passion for modernising processes and need to be able to work autonomously, albeit with some strategic guidance. You must be able to build a team and foster positive working relationships across teams.
You will need to possess the:
- relevant professional qualification in accountancy (CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CIPFA)
- line and project management skills and proven track record
- ability to think strategically and create plans to deliver against the charity’s strategy
- ability to communicate complex financial and legal issues clearly to non finance experts and develop effective financial management systems
You will ideally have:
- strong knowledge of the charity accounting SORP and charity governance
- experience of providing financial information for fundraising bids, competitive tenders and reports in order to secure resources for the charity
- experience of other areas in the portfolio: IT, premises, HR
- Please submit your CV and a 1 page cover letter before close of play Sunday 26th July to Michael Quest at Ivy Rock Partners (all 3rd party CV’s to be handled by Ivy Rock)
- Interviews likely to take place the week commencing 3rd August.
Please contact Michael Quest at Ivy Rock Partners for more information