The James Percy Foundation is recruiting a new member to its Board of Trustees. The Foundation is an independent grant-maker supporting work on health, education and poverty in India and Sub-Saharan Africa. The Board is looking to add a trustee with experience of working for charities and/or in international development to help contribute to our decision-making and increase our impact.
About the Foundation
In 2020 the Foundation supported 10 organisations with a total grant spend of €2 million. We are a small but dedicated team, with a hands-on approach to project selection. The current Board is made up of four trustees from legal, IT, industrial and financial backgrounds. A new trustee from a relevant third sector background would complement the areas of expertise of the present trustees.
In particular, we are looking for a trustee to join our Grants Selection Committee to help identify and review potential projects for the Foundation to support.
We would encourage applications from candidates with experience of:
- Working in international development, especially related to the Foundation’s priority countries (India, Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia)
- Experience of working in health and education in low-income countries
- Experience of assessing projects and potential partnerships, especially in an international development context
- Actively contribute to the Board of Trustees' role in setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance,
- Give us a new perspective on the grant/partner selection process, where necessary,
- Be able to work effectively as a member of a team.
The role is unremunerated. Travel expenses may be claimed in line with the trustee expenses policy.
Homeworking and two in-person meetings per year in London (if circumstances allow).
We anticipate that the successful candidate would need to commit to around 10 hours per month.
Please email provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the James Percy Foundation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information. Please review the attached role description for more details.