To help deliver an effective and systematic High Value donor programme for Jami, building on existing relationships with supporters and identifying and developing new prospect major donors. The role will require the post holder to contribute to the development of the major donor fundraising strategy and generate income from high value donors. The post holder is responsible for initiating, building and sustaining productive fundraising relationships with a range of new and existing major donor prospects, producing and managing detailed cultivation and stewardship plans, overseeing budget and proactively managing individual relationships.
1. To support the Head of Development to develop the Major Donor Strategy and deliver against income targets
2. To oversee the development of individual high value donor relationships, and to personally manage a portfolio of prospects and donors.
3. To ensure the delivery of the highest standards of support, service and stewardship to high value and major donors, ensuring compliance with donor monitoring and reporting requirements.
4. To be accountable for the analysis and evaluation of performance information, income & expenditure, monitoring and reporting against objectives, outcomes and KPIs for internal and external audiences.
5. Work with the Trusts and Major Giving Fundraiser and Events Manager to lead on the identification and research of potential new major donors to produce a pipeline of prospects and income opportunities.
6. To keep up to date with best practice in fundraising and comply with relevant legislation and regulation ensuring that good practice is observed.
7. To develop and maintain detailed knowledge and information on Jami services, projects and priority areas in order to keep Major Donors updated on our work.
• Collaborate with the rest of the Fundraising and Marketing team to ensure aware of wider campaign and communication plans.
• Engage with colleagues in the service teams and service users to develop good understanding of programmes, needs and outcomes.
• Attend meetings with major donors and prospects to build relationships
1. Manage the major donor fundraising income and expenditure budget, ensuring the achievement of the financial plans, taking action as appropriate.
2. Work with the Head of Development and appropriate trustees to develop the Major Donor strategy and create compelling, relevant and tailored funding proposals to prospective and existing major donor supporters.
4. Relationship Management, Stewardship and engagement to ensure that all major donor prospects have a relationship with Jami. With the support of the Head of Development, make full use of trustees, Chair and Chief Executive setting up meetings with donors as appropriate.
5. To prepare bespoke cultivation plans for each major donor and to liaise with colleagues across the organisation as appropriate to manage the delivery of the plan ensuring necessary information is captured in Apricot in order to communicate outcomes successfully and all interactions with Major Donors and prospects are then recorded accurately on Raisers Edge.
6. To employ a variety of personal engagement and communications mechanisms to ensure that prospects and supporters become, and remain, fully engaged with our cause e.g. manage donor and prospect project visits and other cultivation events such as ‘round tables’, sending out impact reports.
7. To recognise the value of key influencers and ‘door opener’ relationships to Jami and ensure these relationships are managed accordingly as major supporters with consistent engagement, stewardship and support (financial and non-financial).
8. Work closely with the Events Manager and Community Fundraiser to maximise major donor contacts and leverage and manage major donor participation in the events programme. Drive commitment from major donors to host guests at key events (Annual Fundraising event, Business Breakfast etc) and demonstrate leadership in communicating giving levels.
9. Liaise with the Marketing and Communications Team to ensure marketing and PR support for high value and major donor programmes.
10. Work alongside the Trusts and Major Gifts Fundraiser to engage Service team colleagues in order to identify suitable projects within Jami to build cases for support and for new and existing donors, creating tailored materials and reports to evidence need and impact.
11. Understand the context of Major Giving within the wider organisational strategy and work alongside colleague to develop and deliver the Major Donor fundraising strategy elements of the operational plan.
12. Maintain own personal development and keep up to date with current knowledge in the sector through participating in peer learning, forums, conferences and meetings as appropriate.
13. Compliance with the Equality Act, and Health and Safety legislation
14. Attend regular supervision with named supervisor and participate in the appraisal process
15. Ensure that all activities are operated in a way which is consistent with the values of Jami and the Jewish community it serves.
16. Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager or another designated senior manager
Training and Qualifications Essential Desirable
• Degree or marketing qualification (or equivalent vocational experience)
• Relationship Management skills.
• Able to articulate ideas, concepts and needs and to clearly set up the case for support.
• Professional fundraising qualification
Knowledge and Experience Essential Desirable
• Good level of computer literacy; knowledge of Microsoft Office and databases
• A good understanding of the Major Donor fundraising market and trends
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM database
• Proven track record of personally securing five figure and above gifts
• Demonstrable experience of achieving income against agreed targets
• Demonstrable experience of recruiting new donors
• Experience of developing and delivering exceptional donor stewardship programmes
• Ability to manage relationships effectively
• Experience and knowledge of the Jewish community
• Ability to conduct research, gather, analyse and interpret data
• An understanding of the needs and difficulties of people who experience mental health problems.
• Familiar with Fundraising Regulator Codes of Practice
Communication skills Essential Desirable
• Demonstrable and highly developed interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent networking and influencing skills at the highest level
• Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to deliver to a deadline under pressure within a context of competing demands
• Experience of producing written reports and proposals, delivering quantitative and qualitative information in both formal and informal styles
• Ability to apply a broad range of communication skills to influence, motivate and persuade a wide range of people to donate.
• Formal presentation skills
To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed, and all post-holders may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties will fall within the general scope of the job description. The job description will therefore be subject to periodic review with the post holder to ensure it accurately reflects the duties of the job.
Disclosure of criminal background
All employees are checked with the Disclosure Barring Service
If it is a requirement of the post that an enhanced check is undertaken, successful applicants will be asked to complete and sign a Disclosure Form giving permission for the screening to take place.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working with Jami. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances and background of offences.
Please note applicants refusing to sign the form will not be progressed further.
All information relating to service users, volunteers and staff gained through your employment with Jami is confidential. Any disclosure to any unauthorised person is a serious disciplinary offence.
Please provide a covering letter with your CV
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.