The Senior Visit Coordinator will focus on delivering outstanding residential programmes to groups of children from partner schools based at Jamie’s Farm, just outside of Lewes, East Sussex. This position provides an exceptional opportunity for an individual with proven leadership, communication and interpersonal skills to serve an active role in our work with vulnerable children.
About the Organisation
Jamie's Farm exists to transform the lives of vulnerable children by providing a unique combination of ‘farming, family, therapy and legacy’ through a one-week immersive residential and subsequent follow-up programme. We have built an excellent reputation working with at-risk young people, and currently offer our transformative experience to 1800 pupils each year across our four residential farms.
The role is extremely varied, but principal responsibilities will be:
- Working alongside children to undertake jobs on our beautiful working farm just outside of Lewes. Jobs may include cooking, farming, gardening, art, horsework or log chopping.
- Going on walks on the South Downs and offering our visiting groups a combination of adventure and endeavour.
- Conducting evening activities that keep children feel nurtured and safe, before putting the young people to bed - often through the help of a good bedtime story!
- Coordinating trips by liaising with visiting schools. This ensures they receive the professional and caring level of support that keeps them wanting to return, while simultaneously enhances the likelihood that the changes pupils make on the farm will be sustained back in school.
- Managing some members of staff and volunteers, principally the housekeeping team that take such care in making sure our environment remains beautiful for our pupils.
- Conducting some therapeutic one-to-one conversations in the Jamie's Farm style to enable young people to make sense of their immersive residential experience and commit to changes on their return home.
NB: FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE SEE ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.