At this exciting time for UK-Japan relations, the Japan Society is looking for an experienced educationalist to join their team with responsibility for strategic planning and coordination of educational projects. The Japan Society is the leading independent body in the United Kingdom dedicated to the enhancement of the British-Japanese relationship..
Role and responsibilities
The role will be extremely varied, but the main roles and responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the strategic planning and coordination of educational projects and events across the Japan Society.
- Development of cross-curricular teaching resources for UK schools, with a particular focus on improving and managing online and digital content.
- Collaboration with Japanese cultural experts, teachers, and other specialists, such as film production companies, to develop exciting and timely educational resources for schools.
- Facilitating UK-Japan school linking projects to promote the study of Japanese arts and culture.
- Organising outreach activities related to Japan, with the 2019-20 period focussing on resources and events to improve physical activity and wellbeing to tie in with the Rugby World Cup and Tokyo Olympic & Paralympic Games.
- Providing support to team members to organise and promote Japan Society’s work at large events, such as Japan Matsuri in Trafalgar Square.
- A background in developing educational projects and teaching resources.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
- A passion for and knowledge of Japanese culture.
- Working knowledge of UK schools & their curricula.
- Skills in digital content management and production, such as video design and social media.
- Confidence in using video editing and design software.
- Japanese language skills.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year practical experience teaching in classrooms.
- Experience of living in Japan, or working with Japan-related organisations.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Please apply with CV and cover letter by Friday 28 June. Interviews will take place in early July.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. Japan Society cannot offer visa support.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.