Junior Chamber International (JCI) a global, not-for-profit organisation for 18 to 40 year olds, run by its members for its members. JCI Greenwich serves as the junior chamber of commerce within central London, with strong links to the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Our mission is to provide development opportunities that empower young people to create positive change.
Our members are from many different backgrounds, cultures and professions, but all share common values and passion to develop themselves and support and improve their communities.
Be a part of the core team of the chamber to lead marketing, social programmes and activities for members throughout the year. Responsibilities could include:
- Produce engaging content (social media / blog posts, videos, newsletters, etc.) for the chamber’s marketing activities.
- Contribute to the development of the chamber’s communication strategy.
- Look for PR opportunities for JCI London to enhance the visibility and reputation of the chamber.
- Research marketing best practices from other organisations to bring into the chamber.
- Work with other Directors to support the marketing of their initiatives.
- Support the planning and execution of the annual Gala Dinner.
- Take the lead on organising social events for members
What's in it for you?
- JCI business cards
- Invitations to exclusive events from our sponsors and partners (e.g. London Chamber of Commerce, City of London Corporation, and more)
- Opportunity to help shape the future of our organisation
- Gaining CV-enhancing skills
- Working with a team of energetic, ambitious people, in which life-long friendships are often formed
- Event planning and management
- Budget management
- Networking and relationship management
- Marketing and PR
- Project management
- Communication and public speaking
- Monthly council meetings (Oct to Dec 2020) – one evening per month, timing to be decided by the 2019 team when elected
- Approximately 2-3 hours of work per week