JCI UK is a leadership development organisation for young professionals and entrepreneurs aged 18-40. We have been in the UK for over 90 years, and are linked to a global network of over 170,000 members in more than 100 countries.
In line with our vision of developing leaders for a changing world, we make world-class personal and leadership development opportunities available to aspiring young leaders in the UK.
As Finance Director, you play an essential role as part of JCI UK’s 2021 National Board Team by managing the financial health our national operations.
Your core responsibilities are:
- Maintain financial records for JCI UK on a fairly regular basis (monthly or so). This is mainly driven by exporting bank statements to Excel and interpreting.
- Liaise with the Membership Team to reconcile membership payments received to the list of members, and then calculate local organisation capitations.
- Pay our creditors, the National Board directors’ expenses, and capitations to local organisations. This requires a “run” of 20-30 payments every 2-3 months.
- Report on monthly membership numbers.
- Keep track of specific receipts, such as sales for National Academies.
- Produce annual accounts and arrange for auditing.
- Arrange insurance for JCI UK.
- Assist local organisations with any financial queries.
The Finance Director role is for a 12-month duration, after which you can progress onto further national (and potentially international) leadership opportunities within JCI.
Like JCI’s core values, you are someone who is:
- Dynamic & Ambitious
- Responsible & Committed
- Inclusive & Supportive
- Willing & Proactive
JCI UK’s volunteers come from a wide range of professional backgrounds, and our volunteering opportunities are designed to fit around your work and personal commitments. All our volunteers are also members of JCI UK. JCI UK membership is only £10 per month (£5 students) or £120 per year (£60 students), and supports our global mission of developing leaders like you for a changing world.
In return for your membership, we can offer you access to one of the most remarkable organisations in the world, including:
- Unrivalled personal and career development opportunities at national and international level.
- Access to a global network of over 170,000 ambitious young professionals and entrepreneurs.
- A helping hand and cheerleader in your achievements with us, and far beyond.
Apply today, and gain career experience that sets you head and shoulders above the competition.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.